how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

matthewh16

join:2010-05-21
Middletown, DE

STBs just rebooted, now no IMG

Did anyone else in VHO8, or anywhere else, have their STBs reboot? Ours did about 5 minutes ago, and whatever VZ did, the IMG install is totally corrupted and/or missing. All three boxes have the same issue, all they're running is the core Motorola Firmware which gives you a picture, and you can CH Up and CH Down. No IMG, Menu, Guide, or anything else. Rebooting box by pulling AC Power doesn't seem to be forcing a reload as it usually does.

matthewh16

join:2010-05-21
Middletown, DE

They just rebooted again, I hope Verizon realized their Screw Up!

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to matthewh16

Calm your jets, this is a normal software update. Your boxes will fix themselves after about 20 minutes when the update is complete.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to matthewh16

More than likely It's the new Platform Version. Don't worry. By morning the STBs should be back to normal.

There was no need for you to pull the power cord. That might have s reed the download up, possibly.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to matthewh16

VHO7 also had the IMG upgrade last night and all my boxes but one are good. I still have one 7100-p2 constantly rebooting but thats standard operation for that box anytime an IMG update is rolled out. Usually takes 48 hours for it to finally stop burping...

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to matthewh16

Maybe we should keep it all here
»It's 2:20AM in VHO8 and everything just Rebooted itself....