K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM to matthewh16

Premium Member

to matthewh16

Re: It's 2:20AM in VHO8 and everything just Rebooted itself...

Yep, it's like 5 bricks with Motorola logo's on them.
matthewh16
join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA

matthewh16

If you push menu enough, it should come up and say "DEVICE LOCKED ENTER PIN".

Enter your parental / purchase pin, and hit select. You can at least get TV, but theres no IMG or DVR Features.

It's like a PC with out an OS. All ya get is the BIOS / Firmware :P

Note:
Can a mod merge this thread, and mine at »STBs just rebooted, now no IMG

Thanks!!

Fiosworker7
@jillyred.net

Fiosworker7

Anon

Re: It\'s 2:20AM in VHO8 and everything just Rebooted itself...

Give it time. New code download can take hours. Your box will be back to normal when most people wake up. Don\'t touch the box until your box once again displays verizon logo and \"press menu to watch tv\"

FSCFSC1111
@verizon.net

FSCFSC1111 to K3SGM

Anon

to K3SGM

Re: It's 2:20AM in VHO8 and everything just Rebooted itself...

said by K3SGM:

Yep, it's like 5 bricks with Motorola logo's on them.

Why do you folks go nuts when your equipment gets updated? It happens in wee hours of the night when normal people are asleep and likely to not notice anything except improvements when they wake up in the AM to turn on their TVs. Just like an update to you IOS or Windows device can take minutes to hours, same applies to these boxes. If weird things happen to your tv, internet, or phone between 2-5am expect it to be maintenance and that statement applies to whether you have verizon, comcast, cablevision or whoever.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

To your point with an IOS device or a computer we have control over when the update happens.
All I'm asking is for FiOS to send out an e-mail or notice to the box saying between 2am and 5am your FiOS STB is going to receive a software update.
If they did that then people would not be posting here and calling customer service when the STB reboots twice and appears as it's not working when in fact it's receiving an update.
jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461

Got home, tried one of the boxes (7216 with HD attached) and its worse than ever. Can't believe it. I had to go out again but did the reboot from the menu before I left. Hopefully it's better when I try later.

Anyone else experience worse performance following the update?
jr461

jr461

The 7232 is great. Flies thru the channels. Initial check of the 7216 following the reboot shows improvement. Looks like the delay is gone.
jr461

jr461

Ok, the channel changing is fine on the 7216. Now it doesn't recognize that it's a DVR.

I have MRDVR with 2 other DVRs which are showing up fine. It's connected to the network but won't run any self correcting or MRDVR correcting tools, saying "data not available".

I've restarted the router and the 7216 but no change. If I hit record it asks which DVR to record to since it doesn't think it is DVR. I also have a HD connected with tons of shows stored and planned to record, so very frustrating.

They fix one thing and royally screw up the core functionality.
jr461

jr461

said by jr461:

Ok, the channel changing is fine on the 7216. Now it doesn't recognize that it's a DVR.

I have MRDVR with 2 other DVRs which are showing up fine. It's connected to the network but won't run any self correcting or MRDVR correcting tools, saying "data not available".

I've restarted the router and the 7216 but no change. If I hit record it asks which DVR to record to since it doesn't think it is DVR. I also have a HD connected with tons of shows stored and planned to record, so very frustrating.

They fix one thing and royally screw up the core functionality.

This morning I was able to run the MRDVR auto correct thing as well as the STB correction but neither solved the problem.

The 7216 works great - as a stand alone HD STB. No DVR functionality whatsoever.

Will check again tonight but sounds like it needs replacing. Sucks since I have a lot stored on the external HDD.

Anyone ever experience this and any ideas toward solving before I throw in the towel?

Can I use the same HDD on a new DVR - I realize I will lose all my data. Do I just format it when hooking up to the new DVR?

Thanks

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar

Did you call Verizon's FSC yet?

You will be much happier with a 7232 anyway and yes you can use your eSATA on the new DVR. Format and off you go.

ufchot
@verizon.net

ufchot to icemannyr1

Anon

to icemannyr1
sometimes notices cause more confusion and customer calls. there are non technical people believe it or not. not every one is tech saavy and is on BBR.
said by icemannyr1:

To your point with an IOS device or a computer we have control over when the update happens.
All I'm asking is for FiOS to send out an e-mail or notice to the box saying between 2am and 5am your FiOS STB is going to receive a software update.
If they did that then people would not be posting here and calling customer service when the STB reboots twice and appears as it's not working when in fact it's receiving an update.

jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461 to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

Did you call Verizon's FSC yet?

You will be much happier with a 7232 anyway and yes you can use your eSATA on the new DVR. Format and off you go.

Yes, I called last night and they are sending another DVR. Problem is they can't specify which model, although I requested a 7232. I have 2 of them already and they are great, although the 7216 has given me many years of trouble free operation, until now.

I guess I'll see what comes in another day or so. Hopefully there aren't too many of the old ones still recirculating.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to icemannyr1

to icemannyr1
said by icemannyr1:

I would venture to guess that the vast majority of customers are alseep at 2:30am and wouldn't even notice a change was taking place, which is why they do the updates at that time. But I agree it wouldn't hurt to send a notification that service may be interrupted at that time.