how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hameed

@103.246.64.x

[Tech Ops] I want Automatic triggered Backup when configuration

Hi,

I want Automatic Triggered Backup with user name when some authenticated user logged in and changed any configuration in my mikrotik routers.

Please some one write a script for this configuration.

Thank you

voxframe

join:2010-08-02

Re: [Tech Ops] I want Automatic triggered Backup when configurat

You're kidding right?

And you're going to pay me or anyone else HOW much for this precisely?

hameed

@101.212.191.x

no friend, i am not kidding and even i cant pay for this, because i recently joined a new company as a network support engineer and my boss ask me to perform that bulshit task.

please help me dude.

Thank you so much in advanced

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
kudos:1

Well maybe you shouldn't have taken the job if you didn't know how to do that "bulshit task"

voxframe

reply to Hameed

That "Bullshit task" is not out of the ordinary for someone who is supposed to know how to do your job. It sounds like you are in the wrong job.

Get out and do your own homework.

I'm normally up for helping anyone, but a "ME ME ME! HELP ME NOW! I WANT THIS AND THIS AND GIVE IT NOW PLEASE!" attitude will get you nothing here.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
reply to Hameed

I would recommend that you contact Butch Evans »www.butchevans.com/ he's a Mikrotik guru and will most likely be able to help you.

I would expect it will cost AT LEAST $4,000 USD to have that created, tested and deployed but he can tell you for certain. I may well be considerably more, or maybe less (but I doubt it)

I do not work for, nor am I paid by, or affiliated in any way with Butch, but I have followed many of his courses and scripts and he is top notch.

S

hameed

@103.246.64.x

Thanks

DaDawgs
Premium
Deltaville, VA

1 recommendation

reply to Hameed

You know I was going to ask for a check for that but... There are so many other mean bastards in this thread that I think I will let it ride.

=P

voxframe

reply to Hameed

Hehehehe.

Heck I woulda looked into it if he was polite.

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

He did say please and thank you. Otherwise the wording is of one for which ESL. To be expected for an APNIC IP.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
reply to hameed

said by hameed :

i recently joined a new company as a network support engineer

As an "engineer" you should be working this stuff out. Put in some time to read manuals, API documentation, and play around and figure it out. Thats what engineers do and what they get paid for.

If that takes too long, tell your boss to find someone more qualified, and/or suggest company should pay for the development work to be done by someone who knows.

hameed

@103.246.64.x

I cant say like that, even though i didnt get chance to talk to my boss.

Rhaas
Premium
join:2005-12-19
Bernie, MO
reply to TomS_

Easy enough to do actually.. But I'm not going to do it for you.. I'll give you a hint on what applications you could start with though...

S*****-*g
L******h/L******k
R****d

And some minor scripting to tie everything together.

--
I survived Hale-Bopp!