All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Cablefish
join:2002-01-19
Toms River, NJ

Cablefish to K3SGM

to K3SGM

Re: It's 2:20AM in VHO8 and everything just Rebooted itself...

VH07 checking in. 2 TV's booted. Now the remote is mostly non functional. Most buttons on the front of the box not working either. Whoops!
matthewh16
join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA

matthewh16

said by Cablefish:

VH07 checking in. 2 TV's booted. Now the remote is mostly non functional. Most buttons on the front of the box not working either. Whoops!

Thats what happens when IMG fails to reload. The boxes have a base motorola firmware, and IMG runs on top. The firmware basically does nothing more that software checks, updates, video in and video out. Everything else, including all DVR, menu, guide, and remote functions are passed to the IMG. With no IMG, it ignores them.
said by icemannyr1:

My suggestion is to wait.
One of my STBs took longer then the others return to the Verizon screen saver and then the startup screen before going back to normal.

I'm guessing they rebooted WAY WAY WAY more boxes at once then they intended, and with them all hammering the remote server somewhere, it's so overloaded it can't handle all the requests. So they're having to force the upgrade to the boxes in smaller numbers now.

I figure they'll all be fixed within an hour, once they can get a handle on how many boxes need fixing, and do them in maybe 500 or 1000 at a time, instead of tens of thousands (Estimating Two VHOs that we know of at once).