share rss forum feed
« Cool site for checking repLFM CMs »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · next

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Carpie

Re: Pride and Ego Moving to Ravencrest

FL,i want my 2handed mace off Rag; Extinguishes Hand...
H-DS, I need H Warmaster.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

Are you looking to get the guild achieves or toon achieves? I'd like to get the guild achieves and have been thinking of trying to get at least 8 guildies together to go roflstomp through them. If you are just after the individual achieves, you could join us CRZ.

Well I'd like to do both.

As far as individual goes I need spine and madness heroic, war master, deck defender and chromatic champ

As far as guild achevs I think we need Ultra, War master, spine and madness.

For FL I want to work on my legendary staff
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to DarkLogix

Are you looking to get the guild achieves or toon achieves? I'd like to get the guild achieves and have been thinking of trying to get at least 8 guildies together to go roflstomp through them. If you are just after the individual achieves, you could join us CRZ.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to JB

said by JB:

I would be absolutely OK if I never ran H DS or H FL ever again. Heroic Spine? No thanks.

Well I'd like to get those old achevs

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to DarkLogix

I would be absolutely OK if I never ran H DS or H FL ever again. Heroic Spine? No thanks.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer

I say lets do DS-H or FL-25

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Venom1

No official PnE raid this week, our family is headed to the Dominican Republic for a week. I hope you guys can link up with folks to have fun raids and whatnot while we are gone. As always, Happy Hunting in Azeroth!
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Venom1

Augusta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to Braincramp

after slogging through dailies for the rep grind, and farming LFR's as my item level would allow for two weeks i finally broke ilvl 480 on the rogue!!! it was at 0245 eastern this morning, so doing a ToT was out of the question. Glad to see that dps made a steady increase once i got past ilvl 470, now pulling around 60k consistently, and thats with 463 daggers in assassination spec, and the 450 dragonling trinket.

That being said, anyone up for trying to get a alt/pug raid going earlier in the week? Like do what we can on a Thursday night?
--
Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die; Serve right and justice one last time; Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain; Cut well old friend, and then farewell.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
reply to Pollux7777

Not long its more about how long it takes to win it.
I had to do the mine one like 10 times or so to get a win out of it, and you need 1 win for the quest.

Though it was the call to arms that week so lots of other pvp newbs were queing for it.

Then add in that I don't pvp and you have a cluster ****

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to DarkLogix

I don't really mind slogging through the BG's. I just need to suck it up and get it over with. How long does a BG take these days?
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Ravencrest

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Pollux7777

We need to find a group of PvP'ers to help get ya'll through the BG's

I'll be glad to help kill that dirty rotten traitorous orc any time, but I stink at pvp, I got fatherone's wife to help me on those BG's and it still took several tries
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Pollux7777

yes. I would have tried to do it last night, but my youngest was having sinus problems (pollen count is ridiculous right now) so I had to log out. I'll send you some extra crystals, too.
--

Pollux7777

Saint Paul, MN
reply to DarkLogix

Ya I'm at the part where I need to kill the Orc boss and do those BG's (I think a few of us are at that point).
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Pollux7777

Don't forget the prismatic socket

If you've done the BP quest up to the point that you get the "eye of the BP" you can spend 2,500g and get another eye to put on the 5.2 weapon (IE another 160 str.)

though not sure if the eye is unique applied or not.
--

Pollux7777

Saint Paul, MN
reply to Braincramp

So, believe it or not I actually got another 502 weapon in lfr last night (another one of the axes like I got last week)

So now I'm dual wielding 502 weapons! Which means I need another dancing steel enchant. So, i'm sending out the call to our guild enchanters if I can use your sha crystal transmute services. I sent out shards to dark, immer, sunderella, knotme, and owwiee. That's 5/10 needed right there. No rush on this btw

I'm a little reluctant to drop the money on this enchant because I'm not sure it's a huge upgrade. This 502 axe will be replacing my 2/2 upgraded sha touched weapon ( which put it at Ilvl 491) but I'm losing 500 strength from the legendary gem

But tiermordius said its still an upgrade according to mr robot, so I will trust in them/him
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to JB

I'll be mass-dispelling as much as I can. Hopefully we'll have a shad who can help with that, too.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to Immer

Solo tank is easy if people keep quickening off the mobs. I still dread the thought of Amber Shaper... Stupid fight.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer

This weekend, I'm looking forward to finishing off HoF. Yes, that's potentially a tall order, but if we get full raids I'm confident we can knock it out. Tonight we will be extending last week's lockout and smashing WindLord, Ambershaper, and Empress. I'm not so worried about WindLord, we'll try 1 tank, 3 heals, and mad AoE for the adds... and we'll make adjustments as we see fit. I plan on healing this fight as Discipline for Barrier and SS for the intense periodic raid dmg... leaving the throughput responsibility on our r.shaman and r.druid.

Ambershaper will take some practice since so very few people actually follow construct mechanics in LFR. If you don't know exactly what I'm talking about there, please watch

»youtu.be/UzfCS6_bYEA

Empress (if we get to her tonight) will be brutal for our healers. Please do what you can to min/max your toon for this fight. I'd love to knock this out and be done with HoF as a guild.

As always, have a great weekend and I look forward to meeting up with you all in-game.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie

I highly recommend you hitting up McBrain See Profile for some pointers on face-melting. He's one of those 98% or GTFO performers, and he really knows his stuff, and he's currently face-melting again.
--

Carpie

united state
reply to Immer

I also feel like my dps is plateau'ing on my spriests. I can't remember their exact ilvls, but I want to say the one with PnE is around 480 and the one with THA is around 488. And I think they are doing just about the same dps. I was owned by a fellow Hunter guildie in the Last Stand ToT LFR last night and he is 489. He was low 100s, high 90s throughout the fight and I was stuck mid to high 70s (not flasked). He ended up in the high 80s (the multi-mobs in the beginning is what carried him) but I was still pretty disappointed.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie

you know what? my bad... I was making my assessment based on your other spec being holy, lol.... /fail. Yes, not having spirit on all of your gear will severely cramp your mana regen as Disc.
--

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie

I'm sure the biggest issue is not having SPR on each gear piece.

Carpie

united state
reply to Immer

No, I don't bubble much so I don't think that is it. Only if someone is dropping health extremely quickly do I bubble them. (or for running down the halls since I don't feather). It's almost strictly atonement. I can't remember the mana reqs for the spells right now but I'm pretty sure smite is the big drain (and of course the one you use the most). Penance and HF have a relatively low cost. I will also use (can't remember the spell name right now) the spell that heals once the target is hit. It has a relatively low mana cost as well. And from there, I might use 1-2 PoHs in the fights (again relatively low mana cost). And I try to avoid using Halo very often because of the mana drain. I think that one is like 40k. Right now I have mindbender talented; my thought was I'd get him out more which means more mana regen, but maybe one of the other talents would be better.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie

I did extremely well on Horridon as Disc last night. Mostly atonement spam, but also got some well-timed SS (we didn't have a lot of healers who could remove poison). If you are going /oom as Disc in LFR I can only guess it is from too much bubble-botting. Disc mana consumption should be lower over-all than Holy... even if your gear is haste-heavy (for holy).

For the high movement fights that I always heal as holy, I'm going to experiment with the Glyph of Penance and heal as Disc to force myself to master both healing specs. Should be fun.
--

Carpie

united state
reply to Immer

I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you Immer. We run the LFRs as a guild on Tuesday starting from the bottom and working our way up (hoping that gear drops for those that need it to be able to access the more difficult ones). I queue as Disc on the first few, but when I'm #2 in heals I get damn worried. First I'm not geared for Disc, second I just mostly do atonement (unless I need to actually tank heal), and third I generally go OOM near the end of boss fights. I'm only supposed to be there for support, not to be the primary heals.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Braincramp

Last night's LFR was rough. I think ToT has been around long enough for "first alts" to start running it, but pulling horrible numbers. We had several dps in the 20s... and we were essentially 3 healing it. Lots of Portuguese players in that run, too... (they'd link their loot or abilities and the links were in Portuguese, lol). No reason to be below 30k hps on the first boss when half the raid was dead and we had all 4 pools up before we got the kill (6:48 fight lol).

The other powerhouse priest in the raid was Portuguese and he challenged me to work harder on my priest... in both specs. It was a lot of fun. I will be working harder at mastering Disc healing in more and more of our fights, I think. I've gotten lazy lately and just sticking with Holy spec.
--

Wishflthinkn

join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV
reply to Braincramp

A fork is not designed to scramble eggs but it gets the job done. I believe in the right tool for the job but if the tool is not in your box the job still has to get done. Adapt, Improvise and Overcome. Taken from Clint before he started talking to chairs.

Carpie

united state
reply to Wishflthinkn

said by Wishflthinkn:

Cudos for being a better man Carpie.

Thanks. As everything, there has to be a balance. It's a strength that can also be my weakness by giving people too many chances or too much the benefit of doubt. A case in point is the LAST mage I had slated to fill a spot on our raid team. She came over at lvl 85 and we were going to get her up and raid ready. She left her lvl90 Priest in her current guild because "her ex boyfriend was the GM and needed her help, and yada, yada, yada". All good, no worries. So as weeks pass, she is logging into the Priest about 80% of the time and the mage 20% of the time, mostly during the day when I'm not on. She is now co-GM of the other guild she tells me and is trying to get everything back together. She has alot of questions about what my plans are for raiding, how to do this, what I use for that, etc. Helpful as ever, I answer every question without hesitancy. Soon she tells me she is going to try to put together a raid team with her current guild and starts spamming, verbatim, the same recruitment message on the trade lines with nuttyrecruiter that I do. Ok, whatever, best of luck. She stays in contact, still has questions and tells me she still plans on leveling the mage and raiding with us, but she wants to get her own crew going also. Sounds good, maybe we can help one another then and use alts to PuG with each others guilds when needed. Hey, win-win. I PuG with her crew a couple times and also let her know about another GM that approached me to form a similar relationship and tell her that I'll give him her name as well so that the three of us can work together. Maybe even tackle a 25m someday if we so choose.

Well... rather than ramble on, the short story is now her and the other GM pug together all the time without request or offer of help from me. She's moved the mage out of the guild and brought another (former) guildie with her (guess she was poaching during the day) and is working to fill her 2nd 10m crew now for the alts of some of their mains. Rather than work together, she had her own ambitions and plans, and many potential raiders for THA are now with her.

And the kicker... she was struggling with dps on her mage (frost also) and came to me for advice and I still helped her!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Venom1

in most cases... the primary stat on PvP gear is really strong... it's just a secondary stat that is missing. Having a couple of 476 pvp item is likely far better than sticking with a couple 415~425 pve quest greens, if we are just talking about getting into LFR or MSV. It's not really a part of the progression path, but if used wisely it can be a stepping stone here and there.
--

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

*grumble* (pvp gear being the path to pve end game)

Hail the all mighty ILVL!!!