« Cool site for checking repLFM CMs »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · next

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Immer

Re: Pride and Ego Moving to Ravencrest

I remember the days I'd wake up thinking about women, with a big smile on my face. Not waking up with a frown because I realized I forgot to get my 480 neckpiece last night. Something is wrong with this picture.

Anyhow, I'll grab the neckpiece tonight plus will have enough VP to grab something there as well. SOOO happy that the commendations are account bound and I'm getting the rep bonuses with them. That was a pleasant surprise. I'm sitting at 458 now so with those two pieces I'll be in the 460's easy-peasy.

Tonight will be last night visiting Azeroth until Tuesday though as we have a road trip planned with the family this weekend. Plus with it being V-day, my time tonight is expected to be very short.

Moving raids up to 9p EST is +1 in my book. I plan to be ready and willing next Wed @9p EST if needed. Disc healz or dark face melts.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Carpie:

I plan to be ready and willing next Wed @9p EST if needed. Disc healz or dark face melts.

That... will be awesome (and yes, you will be needed).
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Understood and agreed.

Now if the Cpt of the beatstix would just share his secrets with us on how to get those toons quickly up to TOES level....

I can't even get myself (nor my guildies) to LFR level (460) from lvl 90 normals in a week and a half. Maybe not even from Heroics to LFR in a week in a half (unless ...maybe... I pull some magic with PvP craftables and/or Robes of Creation).

Cpt if you are going from lvl 84 to ilvl 470 in a week and a half, sign me up for what you are having!

Unfortunately, it comes from experience to really gear up fast. My newer toons(with the exception of my warrior) gear up rather quickly since dps plate never friggin drops. The key for me is to burst through a bunch of dungeons(since I have the contender's spirit plate waiting for me) and try to grab as much gear as possible. I supplement 450 or non 450 gear with the 458 pvp gear.

Like Immer said, having the 476 chest and gloves is important to gearing faster. Unfortunately for me though, my BS is horde and I'm lacking in the living steel department atm. I'm trying to generate some extra revenue from my lock who is almost maxed on JC.

Now, if you don't buy anything from 85-90 and do the loremaster of Pandaria achievement, you should have close to 12-13k gold from quest and items you don't need. Right now, my pally is 82 and sitting at about 5k atm just from questing and vendoring gear. So more than likely the first purchase is the Healing DMC trinket.

Due to some unfortunate events that have happened lately, my pally isn't being leveled. Just focusing on keep myself together while I figure out my rent and car payment struggle. So until further notice, leveling anything is really on hold.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Carpie:

I plan to be ready and willing next Wed @9p EST if needed. Disc healz or dark face melts.

That... will be awesome (and yes, you will be needed).

Did plans get changed? I was on at 8 EST last night (due to the note on moving up an hour) and was ready to rock (465 baby!).

Having said that, I didn't realize we were supposed to sign up for the event so I didn't do that until last night either. I'm used to invites being sent out, so will do better going forward now that I understand.

AND, I haven't been able to check DSLR until ~2p last Friday so if there are any new posts concerning this (or me), I've not yet read them.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
said by Carpie:

Did plans get changed? I was on at 8 EST last night (due to the note on moving up an hour) and was ready to rock (465 baby!).

Having said that, I didn't realize we were supposed to sign up for the event so I didn't do that until last night either. I'm used to invites being sent out, so will do better going forward now that I understand.

AND, I haven't been able to check DSLR until ~2p last Friday so if there are any new posts concerning this (or me), I've not yet read them.

friday/saturday are the new raid days; I'd have to check times to be certain as I'm usually on after 8 server and invites come when they come. usually its a 5 man heroic dungeon run that becomes the raid for raid times.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie
several members have been fighting illness and stuff. I didn't get logged in early as I had hoped I would (instead of going to sleep earlier, my kids took longer naps that normal, which meant they were wired for an EXTRA half hour).

Our OT is on a business trip, so he logged a little late... basically last night was one of those "IRL happens" kinda nights. I think moving the "main raid" to Fri/Sat nets us a full set of players/toons. That also frees us up for getting alts pugged into other raids or even starting alt raids during the week (though my attempt last night was rather frustrating).

Tuesday nights are not great for my wife and me, Wednesday isn't great for Darklogix... and Knotme's family works very early in the mornings... so weekend raiding just seems to fit us better now. Once we get guild credit for Garajal (we have dogs, feng, and kings), I'd like to free everyone up to pug even on their mains during the week. We need to work on Elegon, but not a lot of pugs are downing him right now. So, if you happen to kill Elegon in your pug raid, just take notes, and hopefully you get gear.
--

Venom1

Augusta, GA
said by Immer:

Once we get guild credit for Garajal (we have dogs, feng, and kings), I'd like to free everyone up to pug even on their mains during the week. We need to work on Elegon, but not a lot of pugs are downing him right now. So, if you happen to kill Elegon in your pug raid, just take notes, and hopefully you get gear.

noted. we free to pug HoF and ToES? just want to make sure incase we expect a HoF 1st boss kill on norm with the guild; I'd want to be there for that.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
absolutely. We won't be going for the guild credit kills beyond MsV until our newer dps raiders are sustaining 50k+ single target. In the meantime, trying to get our mains in there with other raid groups is just good individual practice.
--

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Would you mind carrying a Holy pally through heroics once he hit 90? I'll be able to keep the internet.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
would I mind another healer? absolutely not! besides... I have a blood/frost dk that will need to be healed through some dungeons soon.
--

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

Would you mind carrying a Holy pally through heroics once he hit 90? I'll be able to keep the internet.

said by Immer:

would I mind another healer? absolutely not! besides... I have a blood/frost dk that will need to be healed through some dungeons soon.

I'll tank, it'll make the healing easier i think. Immster you should dps with 2 more power-houses making the clears happen faster. Tanking plate to Imms, healing plate to Cpt, indian leg wrestle for the dps plate. This of course will result in spirit mail gear dropping 9 times out of 10; or agi leather.

Its not carrying, it helping. And that's what a guild is for.

--Unhand me fiend. Prepare to meet my axe and your maker!!!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
lol @ indian leg wrestle... almost ruined my second cup of coffee.
--

Wishflthinkn

join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV
reply to Braincramp
Well, if I am on count me in. I will bring whatever you need. And I dont need any of the gear so its even better. Jus want the VP and JP. Got to get all of my BoA gear for this realm.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

said by Cptbeatstix:

said by Immer:

I'll tank, it'll make the healing easier i think. Immster you should dps with 2 more power-houses making the clears happen faster. Tanking plate to Imms, healing plate to Cpt, indian leg wrestle for the dps plate. This of course will result in spirit mail gear dropping 9 times out of 10; or agi leather.

Its not carrying, it helping. And that's what a guild is for.

--Unhand me fiend. Prepare to meet my axe and your maker!!!

Lol, the dps plate is all yours. More than likey have a ret pvp OS. So really just a weapon. I'm going to work more on the pally tonight. Almost 87 on him. I've really missed being alliance and human at that. Boss stun = racial cast lol.

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
reply to Immer
We also have a Shammy healer we need to try and gear in heroics if I can ever get her to log in... lol.....heals and melee deeps

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
awesome. My bear tanking set is decent now, so I have a lot of flexibility in what I can bring to the fight.... I just lack an abundance of time to play, lol.
--

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
I think I will level a toon over there with you guys, if you don't mind. I'm sure you took a look at my thread about my current lack of direction, so leveling in a relaxed environment with people whom I care about and I know care about me as well will go a long way.

It's very doubtful that I'd ever be able to raid with you guys due to time differences, but surely there are other ways I could contribute to the guild.

Now, which class to choose?

Maybe a DK...I've actually NEVER leveled one out of the starting zone.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?...Morons.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
that sounds like fun. always welcome here, friend.
--

Venom1

Augusta, GA
reply to Braincramp
anyone still need to do the lfr's? i need to do them all tonight /sigh.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
I need to knock out as many as I can tonight. But will only have time for one. Think you can save ToES for last? need to take the druid in there.
--

Venom1

Augusta, GA

1 edit
sure, i'll not do them ToES until i see immer(insert druid name here) log on.

edited for clarity

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
lol... just the one ToES. I'll be logging on late tonight.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Venom1
I'll join you if you want.
I'm vp capped but would still like another go at the DPS caster OH from LFR#3 2nd boss.

(and have coins to burn)
And last night I had one terribad LFR, on LFR#3 last boss, it ended after over 11min, with only the tanks, 2 heals me and another DPS left standing. (the upside got a sha crystal out of it.)
--
»Death Star Petition

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
reply to Braincramp
Just brought my pally tank over... working on gearing it now... just hit 460 ilvl, but have had limited play time due to work and other real life stuff...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
awesome! We'll be taking a look at trash in the new raid tonight, then moving on with our own progression.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Don't forget to burn you daily crafting CD's

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
sorry guys... i'm down for the count tonight... stomach bug... fever and puking. Good luck!
--

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
We ended up running some 5 mans together and doing dailies and stuff.

Hope you feel better!
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Ravencrest

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
BTW you can get upto 2999/3000 rep from ToT trash

and quests can get you over the 2999 mark, so if you farm trash (I did for a bit Sunday (only got to 2600 as the group broke up after 4 runs)

so if you've gotten your key hold on to it till Monday night, if you get to 2999/3000 then the key could knock you into friendly so you'd open up more gear.

anyone interested in forming a ToT trash run tonight? (then you'd be able to buy more VP gear Tuesday after doing some LFR.)
--
»Death Star Petition

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Also after looking over the patterns I have it seems you learn something from the imp silk CD every day, it just might be a 458 PVP pattern instead one of the 4 522 pve patterns.
--
»Death Star Petition