how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cybercrime

join:2011-11-23
Honey Brook, PA

no thanks

ill go with boost mobole same thing unlimited 50$ amonth and the price goes down over time

cybercrime

join:2011-11-23
Honey Brook, PA
company's still dont get it greed hurts they been booming when they had unlimited at like 30 a month plus the cost of the contract

AnonFTW

@reliablehosting.com
reply to cybercrime
said by cybercrime:

ill go with boost mobole same thing unlimited 50$ amonth and the price goes down over time

T-Mobile's Faux-G (HSDPA+) is a night and day difference in experience over Boost's 3G/4G. It's like the difference in mechanical and SSD storage in your computer. In some areas, it out performs Verizon's LTE.

If you mainly text and use voice, 3G/4G is irrelevant however.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

1 edit
reply to cybercrime
I'll stick with my $56/mo.AT&T grandfathered unlimited IPhone 5 LTE and $30/mo. iPad 4 LTE.
Even my friends who canceled their accounts regret giving up their att grandfathered unlimited now.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
reply to AnonFTW
That's the truth too. I consistently get around 16-21mbps on my nexus 4 where I live on T-Mobile's network.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to Majestik
said by Majestik:

I'll stick with my $56/mo.AT&T grandfathered unlimited IPhone 5 LTE and $30/mo. iPad 4 LTE.
Even my friends who canceled their accounts regret giving up their att grandfathered unlimited now.

Which does nobody else any good whatsoever, so why bring it up? Unless it is available for anyone else to obtain, your comment is pointless.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

It's all good.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to cybercrime
said by cybercrime:

But boost mobile doesn't give me 20Mb down either, so you really do get what you pay for.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

ssavoy
Premium
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, PA
Reviews:
·Anveo
reply to AnonFTW
It's great where it exists. Their coverage blows though, but so far I'm still fairly happy with T-Mo for the price. I only pay $10/month on a family plan with 2GB of data. I can't see paying $70 even for unlimited considering how poor their faux-G coverage is.

jpkjeff

join:2012-02-09
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to Majestik
But AT&T's grandfathered "unlimited" plans aren't truly unlimited anymore: now they throttle you after you use 3GB (or 5GB on LTE phones).
An "unlimited" plan isn't truly unlimited if speeds are throttled back to EDGE after you've reached 3GB of usage.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
Tulsa, OK

2 edits
said by jpkjeff:

But AT&T's grandfathered "unlimited" plans aren't truly unlimited anymore: now they throttle you after you use 3GB (or 5GB on LTE phones).
An "unlimited" plan isn't truly unlimited if speeds are throttled back to EDGE after you've reached 3GB of usage.

It's unlimited to me. I've always streamed Netflix,Slingplayer,and TuneIn with no issues on my 3GS well past 3 gig. Took me a couple of months to realize I was even throttled. I have been averaging between 8-10 gig of data.
I'm not capped. No overage fees.
Didn't see the problem. Didn't matter if I was throttled or not.
I could have gone to 20 gig if I wanted.

That Verizon girl on the bike......
When not throttled she goes fast.(unlimited)
When throttled she has headwinds.(unlimited)
When capped she hits a brick wall.

Now the iPad isn't throttled at all. I'm way past 15 gig and my speed test reads 27up/22dn. I guess so many canceled their account there isn't enough people worth bothering.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....