spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pmdepr
join:2004-02-02
Simsbury, CT

pmdepr

[Speed] Big difference between speed tests (dslreports Vs Xfinit

I have run the speed tests on the dslreports site and the xfinity site and I am seeing a huge discrepancy. The #s for the dslreports site are around 6 Mb download whereas the xfinity site gives me 22Mb, which is closer to my plan. I am wondering if the xfinity tests are slanted toward the speedboost feature to provide better results. I am wondering what my real bandwidth is.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

Re: [Speed] Big difference between speed tests (dslreports Vs Xf

Relying on speed tests such as those was your first mistake. Take nothing tests like those say as the truth. Go download a huge file (1GB or more works) from a known fast server. That will outlast the power boost feature and when it evens off, it'll show your true speed.

Depending on what you pay for, it sounds like you have Blast! Which is either 25/4 (27.5/4.4 sustained) or 50/10/15 (55/11/16.5 sustained) depending on your area.

See here as well for more info: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »What are the actual Provisioned Speeds?

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

jaynick to pmdepr

Premium Member

to pmdepr
Try running this: »www.cc.gatech.edu/~parth ··· obe.html It will give you a much better idea.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

1 recommendation

Moffetts to pmdepr

to pmdepr
The dslreports tests do not work very well on higher bandwidth connections.