uniqs
share rss forum feed

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

best way to take E line to 53 and Lex

Which would be the best way? Im taking lirr to penn. Gets in at 720a or Jamaica at 7a. at Jamaica how do i get to E? Also at penn? Going in tomorrow morning. Thanks

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

If you have a seat on the LIRR, you might as well stay on to Penn and then walk to the 8th Avenue line A/C/E. Easy to find. Trains heading uptown/Queens tend to be less crowded in the AM rush. Inbound from Jamaica on the Queens Blvd trunk gets mighty crowded...though you could switch to the M at Forest Hills or Roosevelt and have a less crowded ride the rest of the way on the local.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
Northport, NY
I really don't want to double trans. I have to be at 51 and Lexington by 8

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

Which would be the best way? Im taking lirr to penn. Gets in at 720a or Jamaica at 7a. at Jamaica how do i get to E? Also at penn? Going in tomorrow morning. Thanks

The A/E station is at the western side of Penn Station. You don't even have to go outside.

TheMole

join:2001-12-06
USA
reply to PoloDude
give yourself a good 25 mins. sometimes the e train will go 5-7 minutes between trains at rush hour. it's hit or miss.

once your get off LIRR, just follow the mad rush for the e train. a good size crowd is heading to the same place you are.
--
(1) It's either 99¢ or $0.99; not .99¢ (2) It's "so MUCH fun" not "so fun"

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
Northport, NY
reply to PoloDude
Thanks all. I think I am going to hoof it from Penn. I am meeting a friend on the same train,he walks up to Park and 51st everyday and makes it well before 8. Seems to be about the same distance to my location.
--
“My horse fights with me and fasts with me because if he is to carry me into battle, he must know my heart and I must know his or we shall never become brothers.
-Plenty Coups, Chief of the Crow”

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
The e train under Queens Blvd can be a little pokey.
Expand your moderator at work

Subwayman

@rcn.com
reply to AVD

Re: best way to take E line to 53 and Lex

said by AVD:

Being from NJ, do you even have any idea of the E train and its run under Queens Blvd? Besides the OP was looking to go from Penn Sta in Manhattan to 53 and Lex in Manhattan. His trip wouldn't involve the E in Queens. Polodude, Statistically the 53 Lex stop is in the top 5 busiest stations in the city. If you choose to take the E, ride in the 1st car and get off at the east end of the 53 St/5th Ave station and exit on the Madison Ave end. That will put you 1 block from Park Ave.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
Northport, NY
Thanks. I ended up walking from Penn. It only took about 20 minuets.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Subwayman
said by Subwayman :

said by AVD:

Being from NJ, do you even have any idea of the E train and its run under Queens Blvd? Besides the OP was looking to go from Penn Sta in Manhattan to 53 and Lex in Manhattan. His trip wouldn't involve the E in Queens. Polodude, Statistically the 53 Lex stop is in the top 5 busiest stations in the city. If you choose to take the E, ride in the 1st car and get off at the east end of the 53 St/5th Ave station and exit on the Madison Ave end. That will put you 1 block from Park Ave.

You don't know where I've been or what I've done.

I took that line for over 10 years. There are quicker ways to get from Queens to Manhattan.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
Expand your moderator at work