join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to Grail Knight

Premium Member

to Grail Knight

Re: Alex Jones Detained By TSA

said by Grail Knight:

quote:
TSA needs fully dismantled, top down. Reorganize as security, not security guards believing that they're the secret police.
I find it interesting how you would know what the TSA Organization thinks especially the employees.

Actions speak louder than words.

Apparently you never read any of the articles about how they abuse their powers against those going through airport security.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

They are not all of them.
They are individuals here and there causing problems.
Problems that apparently are addressed as well or have you not seen that?

Try not to assume to much.
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop

A couple of months ago, I had the misfortune to have to fly due to a family emergency. As usual, I expect a certain amount of arrogance and disrespect from the TSA twits. I was not disappointed. I was directed to the full body scanner by a TSA twit that had absolutely no idea how to address a person with a certain amount of respect. It was "Get in this line, now."

After going thru the full body scanner, I found that it is pretty much worthless. As I stepped out, I was asked if I had an artificial knee on my left leg. I replied no, and got groped due to a defective scanner.

The TSA so makes me feel secure about flying, NOT.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

I fly often as well and see the TSA in action.
Have yet to have had an issue myself with security but I know it happens.

I find it interesting in a bad way that people keep blaming the TSA instead of who is really at fault but that is for a different part of this site.
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop

Yes, I blame the TSA because their machine is not doing what it is supposed to do and the personnel are arrogant little, uneducated, twits.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

I blame who ultimately runs the TSA because without their oversight or perhaps with their blessing the TSA would not be running roughshod.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Grail Knight:

I blame who ultimately runs the TSA because without their oversight or perhaps with their blessing the TSA would not be running roughshod.

OTOH, perhaps the TSA is just taking orders from above to deliberately be theatrical and outrageous in order to distract attention from far worse things that are being done in the name of homeland security.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Anything is possible because governments throughout history have never been pure of heart. Not the government per say but the people who make it happen.
Expand your moderator at work

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

Re: Alex Jones Detained By TSA

said by Austinloop:

I do not use that word to their faces. You are still wrong. Thru the years I have found that TSA agents/screeners are definitely not the sharpest knives in the drawer and enjoy using their authority over people in a random, silly assed fashion. For example the documented searching of young children and grandmothers. Given these things, why you think I have any respect for them. I only give respect to the twits so that I can go on about my business and not have to put up with their groping.

I am by no means a TSA fanboi; one of the nicest benefits of my retirement has been that I don't have to put up with their theatrical security act several times a week (and sometimes it was several times a day) when I was providing network support to several airlines.

However, in some cases they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Standing rules that prohibit profiling means that everyone must at least appear to receive the same treatment (even infants, toddlers, and grandmothers). Also, even without the profiling prohibition, infants, toddlers, and grandmothers can be used to smuggle all kinds of contraband (potentially dangerous and/or just illegal), so should they really be exempt?.