reply to Mike Wolf
Re: [X1] X1, to get or not to get...cost?
said by Mike Wolf: I think I also read somewhere that the RNG boxes would get X1 at some point. I'll post that if I see it again.
ahh come on dude we don't even know what S26 gives us and pretty sure the X1 guide won't run on the Cisco RNG200N boxes.
S26 info is on the comcast site (features, locations and what not) »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···/1501473
The new features are being launched on a rolling basis, market by market and will continue into early 2013. Once I have updated and confirmed schedules for the next areas I will be able to post that information in this thread.
So, whats new? For starters, DVR Manager, Caller ID to the TV and full use of the XFINITY TV app.
Details on these and some other new features are below:
DVR Manager: From the internet and the Xfinity TV app, customers can: set recordings, view/modify scheduled recordings, view completed recordings, modify series priority lists, etc.
Caller ID to the TV See who's calling, right from your TV and PC! Comcast Universal Caller ID takes the guesswork out of incoming calls. »www.comcast.net/callerid
Xfinity TV Application: The ability to use your iPad to change channels.
HSN Shop-by-Remote: A convenient, new way to make HSN purchases simply by using your remote. »www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_Gui···0110.pdf
Request for Info: Know more, save more! Introducing an easy way to request valuable coupons and info from advertisers simply by using your remote.
Ready Remind and Ready Record: Now you can conveniently set program reminders or recordings directly from certain TV show and movie advertisements.
and also (further on)
There are several customer facing issues resolved in this guide release as well, including the following:
- DVR Boxes losing functionality of 15 second rewind and 5 minute skip back after being online for a significant period of time.
- DVR over-recording issues with New and Repeat episodes
- Not Authorized messages appearing on authorized channels
- HD Pass through working with HDMI cables
- RNG 200s only: When watching live TV, pressing rewind may rewind all the way to the beginning of the buffer and bring the customer back to live TV.
- RNG 200s only: Audio /video occasionally cuts in and out after swapping channels.
- RNG200N's only: Video momentarily blacks out while watching TV.