Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 edit

Exodus

Premium Member

Re: Text RPGs - An Invitation

There is a pretty decent help system in place in case you're trying to figure things out. By typing "help", you'll see "help newbie", which gives a list of categories of commands.

There is a different approach to the class system than people may be used to. Here is the output of help levels:
quote:
There are a total of 622 levels to gain over 4 tiers to master this realm.
Each class has its own specific helpfile, but this is the progression.

400 Mortal - Mage, Cleric, Thief, Warrior and Psionicist

There are 80 levels to gain in each mortal class, and all players are
able to train in each class. This level tier will provide basic utility
and allow for you to survive early combat.

160 Remort - Sorcerer, Necromancer, Assassin, Knight and Monk

There are 80 levels to gain in a remort class, and players are only able
to train in two. This level tier provides additional specialization, unlocks
passive bonuses, and grants class-specific mounts that can be summoned at will.

60 Realm Lord - Living Shadow, Blademaster, Malakim, Deity, Exorcist and Dark Templar

There are 30 levels to gain in a realm class, and players are only able to
train in two. One can only train a second realm class after becoming a Legend.
Realm classes are characterized by even further specialization, potent skills, and
excellent passive bonuses.

2 Legend - 12 total classes, see "help legend_classes" for list.

There is only a single level to gain in a legend class, and players are only
able to train in two. One can only train a second legend class after reaching
level 30 in their second realm class. Each realm class has two legend class paths,
providing a different set of specialized abilities.

Mortal -> Remort -> Realm Lord -> Legend -> 2nd Realm Lord -> 2nd Legend

See also: GAIN, EXPERIENCE, MORTAL, REMORT, REALM_LORD, LEGEND
Characters are seen as fairly powerful and diverse, but still vastly unique in their game play. There are a lot of commonalities that everyone shares in the beginning. As you progress, you to start to diversify. The growth from Mortal to Remortal to Realm Lord to Legend and then a second choice of Realm/Legend allows you to have hundreds or thousands of different combos to choose from.

There is content that allows you to explore different worlds and universes in different time eras and with different themes. Some of them are lore-ish, some of them are goofy.

The challenge kicks up and there's something for everyone to do. The nice thing is that there is enough content that if I could just find a few other players to work with, we could conquer that content.

When I maxed out (well, not maxed, but hit top level) a character there, I was waiting for others to hit max level to take on some of the challenging end-game content, but there wasn't enough.

I would love to have another 3-5 people to play this with.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

And I'll add one last note because I've already whored myself out for this to try and get people to show up.

If you decide you enjoy the game, you can contribute by building areas. There is a comprehensive and easy-to-learn builder program that allows you to build your own zones, NPCs, and objects. This requires zero programming knowledge and uses zero programming. A new person can get up and running with building an area within minutes.

There is infinite game play value here.