kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Mele20

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146

said by Mele20:

What about IE 10?

Adobe says this in their Security Bulletin:

"Flash Player installed with Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.3.378.5 for Windows".

The above won't work for me since I don't use automatic updates. So, I found the Microsoft Security Bulletin for Flash Player and used the download links from it. I only needed the 64 bit update as it updates both 32 bit IE 10 and 64 bit IE 10.

»technet.microsoft.com/en-us/secu···/2755801

I remember seeing it in Windows Update too.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

antdude See Profile
I remember seeing it in Windows Update too.

I would be surprised if Mele used Windows Update.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
No, I didn't use WU...that was actually what I meant. I did have to temporarily enable WU Service so the installer would function.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Mele20:

No, I didn't use WU...that was actually what I meant. I did have to temporarily enable WU Service so the installer would function.

So how do you get updates if not WU? Offline downloads and installs? :/
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

I read the monthly security bulletin summary that I get in email and also peruse in the forum here. I then go to each security bulletin, and then to the KB article, and then download to disk the update (assuming it is one I need). After read about all of them, and downloading the needed ones, then I go to Services on my computer and temporarily enable Windows Updates (which I usually keep disabled). If I don't do this then the Windows Update installer cannot function properly. I then install several of the updates and then reboot.I make sure the computer is functioning ok...surf for a short bit. Then I install the rest of the patches and reboot again and go to Services and disable WU.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson