Can anyone tell me what this means on the contract/bill page

New Promotions
This month your discounts will begin
on the following items:
24 Mo. NoTerm FiOS Bundle Credit
Multi Room DVR Credit
24 Mo. Bundle Credit
24 Mo. NoTerm FiOS Bundle Credit

The above is what I got the first month of what I thought was a "Free for life" mrdvr deal. I remember telling people here about it and since it was so new at the time, some of you guys didn't believe I would get it. Well, you were right! But seriously, they did tell me I had it, and now they say I only had a 12 or 24 month deal. Ummm, that's not what they told me when I signed for it. T

Anyway, the "Multi Room" line does not have a 24 month clause next to it. Does that "prove" that I had the deal or is that just the way it's written. Anyone with a free for life deal have this same text above on their first bill?

I just found out after 2 years that I don't have this deal and CS rep said she couldn't find where it said I have it. This bill is for February 2011, just the time I told her I had received the deal.

I'm getting ready to sign a new 2 year deal and would love to keep the free for life thing.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

The bundle credits expire after 24 months, I see nothing from your copy/paste that would make it seem the MRDVR Credit expires.
cissado
Premium Member
join:2008-01-14
Clifton, NJ

cissado

Premium Member

said by kes601:

The bundle credits expire after 24 months, I see nothing from your copy/paste that would make it seem the MRDVR Credit expires.

Thank you. I just needed that info before calling CS and getting shot down. Here goes round two of trying to figure out billing with V CS. Wish me luck! ha.
cissado

cissado

Premium Member

OK, here's the update, in case anyone is interested or in the same situation.

Bottom line is I lost the "FFL" dvr deal. I got it in Feb 2011 and in September of that year I upgraded from the silver stb to the newer Black box. This they said prompted something to change from a multi room dvr back down to a regular dvr then back up to a MRDVR. Pffft, I certainly didn't do all that. It must have been an input error on V's part, but they could not do anything else. I do not have the "free" anymore.

They did give me a credit of $240. Lessens the sting but it's not better than "FREE!"

Wow, they never disappoint. It's always something. I just got my bill and they charged me twice for cell service. My bill was $452 this month. It's crazy. They said they were charging me a month late and have now caught up. Frankly, I don't believe it, but I'm sick of arguing. Wow, this turned into a rant. Sorry.

Thanks again for the help.