All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
pawpaw
join:2004-05-05
Asheville, NC

pawpaw to altan2

to altan2

Re: Charter Internet Pricing --- Does Charter hide this info?

I am on a $19.99 internet-only promo that expires this month. I contacted Charter yesterday and was told that my charge would increase to $29.99.

My speed appears to be 18/3, which may be limited by my own DOCSIS 2.0 modem. No talk of changing it out.

As usual, I am worried the what the CSR said might not actually happen, that my rate might increase even more. We'll see...
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

1 edit

15444104 (banned)

said by pawpaw:

I am on a $19.99 internet-only promo that expires this month. I contacted Charter yesterday and was told that my charge would increase to $29.99.

My speed appears to be 18/3, which may be limited by my own DOCSIS 2.0 modem. No talk of changing it out.

As usual, I am worried the what the CSR said might not actually happen, that my rate might increase even more. We'll see...

Wow, that is interesting you were quoted a "regular" price of 30 bucks a month for a regular price.?? For standalone internet service?

They quoted me 47.99 which is the regular price stated on my bill.

Care to elaborate a bit more?

If that was possible I might stay. If not I am looking at ATT DSL. I really don't need the speed of 30mb anyhow, never did and don't have an interest in paying for something I don't need and won't ever use.
pawpaw
Asheville, NC

pawpaw

said by 15444104:

Wow, that is interesting you were quoted a "regular" price of 30 bucks a month for a regular price.?? For standalone internet service?

They quoted me 47.99 which is the regular price stated on my bill.

Care to elaborate a bit more?

I got the impression that $29.99 was regarded as a promo. Maybe because I took the trouble to call? I'm not sure. I was also told that the rate is good for a year.

Other potentially relevant items: I am a long-time customer, auto-pay, and could switch to Uverse.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

2 edits

15444104 (banned)

Thanks for the extra info eugenegill!

I'm going to call them and inquire about the price you mentioned.
I WON'T mention your screen name or any other specifics other than mentioning that a member of a forum mentioned that they were offered a price of 29.99/mo for one year of internet only and have been a current Charter customer for some time. If it is a no go I'm ready to pull the trigger and sign up for ATT DSL.
left4dead
join:2008-12-24
Burbank, CA

left4dead

said by 15444104:

Thanks for the extra info eugenegill!

I'm going to call them and inquire about the price you mentioned.
I WON'T mention your screen name or any other specifics other than mentioning that a member of a forum mentioned that they were offered a price of 29.99/mo for one year of internet only and have been a current Charter customer for some time. If it is a no go I'm ready to pull the trigger and sign up for ATT DSL.

Any UPDATE regarding your call to Charter? Did they give you the $29.99 price extended beyond the promo period?

I'm interested in your findings. Thx
pawpaw
Asheville, NC

pawpaw

said by left4dead:

Any UPDATE regarding your call to Charter? Did they give you the $29.99 price extended beyond the promo period?

I'm interested in your findings. Thx

New bill just arrived - $29.99 as promised. Not thrilled with the price increase, but Charter did what they said they would, so I am satisfied.