Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TJ_665

join:2001-07-04
Fairview, OR
reply to darcilicious

Re: [FiOS] "BIGTHANKYOU2"

Yeah, I'm going to hold on to my 25/25 as long as possible. Not worth dropping my upload speed for some gift card.

hahahaha7

join:2011-12-06
Portland, OR
reply to darcilicious
I was able to renew my 35/35 service on Jan 9. The first new bill posted to my "new" account, and it still reflects 35/35.

FRONTIER MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGES FROM 1/19/13 to 2/18/13
FrontierFast Internet 35M/35M 54.19
TOTAL MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGES 54.19

Now I guess we'll find out in about 6 weeks if I really do get the gift card or not.

td798

join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR
reply to darcilicious
After receiving the offer, I called Frontier to inquire on renewing my contract for the gift card. I have FiOS 35/35 Internet and Ultimate TV double play. I was told my rate would go up at least $30 more per month for 35/15 and Ultimate TV. My current contract is not up until June 2013 so I said no thanks. The rep then quickly mentioned that if I switched to Dish Network for TV, my rate for Internet would go down and I'd be spending less per month than I am now for similar TV channels. I have a hesitation to switch to satellite TV so I told the rep I'll hold off until my contract is up in 6 months.

On a side note: The rep said when they transitioned their billing over to a new system, the early termination fee did not carry over, so if I were to cancel service I would not be assessed the fee. I called Frontier the next day with the intent to speak to someone different, which I did, and they confirmed there was no early termination fee showing on my account. By telling me that, plus the sales pitch to switch to Dish, I get the feeling Frontier does not want my business anymore since I am a FiOS customer, which contradicts this current promotion.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Sounds to me like they are using the "thank you gift card" as bait to get the customer to sign up to more $$$ for less service. And if the customer doesn't bite, then push them to dish.

Take more money for less service if they can get it, and if not try to dump the customer off to dish.

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation

mwangen

join:2006-10-26
Beaverton, OR
reply to darcilicious
Quick update. This 'promotion' has been an utter disaster for me. I'm now on month three of higher/incorrect bills way over what I was paying before ($320 vs $204). Despite assurances from the sales rep that I could keep my current internet plan I was downgraded from 25/25 to 25/10. Adding insult to injury I never even received the Apple giftcard. For some reason their billing department charged me double for the DVR and tripple for the one other cable box I have. Since I check all my bills before paying them I noticed the discrepancy and deducted the difference when I paid my bill. Of course this leads to 'late' charges for phantom equipment I don't possess on the next bill. When I called the rep in the billing department had the nerve to question how many cable boxes I have. Listen lady I don't give a rats what your monitor says.... I have one DVR and one cable box going back to Verizon days 4 years ago. Check all my previous bills. Your system is wrong.. it can tell you I have 50 cable boxes for all I care. All I'm paying for is what I have and not a penny more. I swear... monkeys could do a better job than their 'customer service' personnel.

TJ_665

join:2001-07-04
Fairview, OR
said by mwangen:

Quick update....
*snip*

Try contacting someone higher up and see if they can fix this mess you've been through.

»www.frontierforhome.com/oregon/leadership/ E-mail, twitter and phone contact for General Managers and Senior VP for Oregon.