Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to footballdude

Re: Final Wheel of Time

said by footballdude:

The story told in fourteen novels could have been better told in seven or eight. That said, I still enjoyed the way it ended.

I can definitely agree with that. That said, no spoilers without tags yet please, I'm almost at the end!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

I'm hoping to have an eReader by April... so I can catch AMoL eBook version comming from TOR April 9th. otherwise I'd have to wait til Jan 2014 for the mass paperback edition.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Lazarus

Finally done! I can't read for hours like I did when I was younger, I fall asleep anymore, took forever to finish that book. Anyway I agree with everyone else, it was a good book and a fitting end to the series.

Lazarus
Slavin Away
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Dickinson, ND
reply to Lazarus

Kinda wish there would be follow up to that but...it was a good end.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by Lazarus:

Theres always Fan Fiction. - But yeah not the same as having the WoT universe being further explored and set out by the Late Robert Jordan, or even Brandon Sanderson himself.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Lazarus

said by Lazarus:

I think the series was overlong as it is. Was it 14 books at the end, each around 1,000 pages long? I'm good.The plot moved so slowly there around the end of RJ's run. Right around book 9 I felt like if I had to read about one more Aes Sedai pulling on a braid I was gonna kill somebody. Of course I read books 1-10 in a row when I discovered them so maybe that had something to do with it. Sanderson got the pace going again at a nice clip and did an excellent job wrapping things up, IMO.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

said by bionicRod:

Was it 14 books at the end, each around 1,000 pages long?

15 if one counts New Spring (which one should). Only one actually reached 1,000 pages, though a few others got close. Long, but, still, I'd be happy to see a few more books from Sanderson derived from Jordan's notes and/or his own ideas, just not another long series. I mean, the wheel never stops turning...
--
"Face piles of trials with smiles; it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave."

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I think Sanderson has some awesome material to work with for future series (which we'll define as 3 to 4 books long lol)

edit to add that Sanderson said on his blog that he will not be doing further WOT related novels.

--
Add a signature here