uniqs
share rss forum feed

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA

Limit

Most people are reporting that their T-Mobile Unlimited accounts are showing 9999GB, or 10TB limit.
djeremy

join:2004-07-12
San Francisco, CA

Re: Limit

Mine shows 9999GB since I switched to their unlimited plan when it was announced a few months back. They do not throttle at all anymore. I typically use around 8GB per month and one of my friends used over 20GB last month on the same plan and didn't get throttled or hear a peep out of T-Mo.

I also can't really complain about their speeds. This is fairly typical on my One S in the Bay Area.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

Let me know about them speeds when your roaming. Which is most everywhere
djeremy

join:2004-07-12
San Francisco, CA

The only time I've roamed was when I was visiting Northern Michigan and was on AT&T 3G. Got about 3mb down and 1mb up. Still faster than most Sprint and Verizon 3G connections. I'm almost always in a big city or suburban area so it's never an issue.
tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
It's certainly not "msot everywhere". I have been in po-dunk areas where I roam on data and it's terrible. But when I travel it's usually to cites its usually where the population is more then 100,000. I've never had an issue in those places. I suspect experience with most carries is about the same.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

As a former Verizon customer that has switched to T-mobile the experience isn't the same. You almost never drop down to 1X on Verizon, It's almost always at least 3G.

T-mobile drops to edge much more often when compared at a national level, but for 99.9% of the places I regularly go I almost always have HSPA+, In other parts of the country this isn't true and they may be on Edge most of the time, but if I travel in the states, it's generally only to other cites, so the network is nationwide enough for me.

People who claim t-mobile has hardly any 4G or is all edge data are comparing their own area to the competitors in their own area and wrongly applying it the the entire nation.

The same with people who make a blanket claim that t-mobile coverage is very good, they are incorrectly applying their personal experience in their area to the entire nation.

That's why I always preface claims about T-mobile's network with qualifiers like in my area (NJ)

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4

My t-mobile phones tend to drop to edge a lot but keeping them on wcdma only it stops completely. Granted if i leave the area, i need to keep it on gsm/wcdma but still, it works well.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
I personally consider this unlimited plan kind of a "We're sorry about last year. Please forgive us!!!"

kchase77

@sbcglobal.net
If this 10TB is true, SIGN ME UP NOW!!!