spc
uniqs
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to BigBeard

to BigBeard

Re: Fios 75/35

said by BigBeard :

Ok guys. Heres what happened. The first thing i tried was option 3, lan to lan with netgear being a secndary, then i tried the more difficult option, the bridgning. Both options gave me minimal improvement over wireless. The laptop and ipad are wireless n, not half n.

The bridging caused high ping and reduced my speeds by 50 % on my wired connection for some reason. Eventually i put everything back to its original state amd am just running off verizon's router. Good thing i did not buy their gige router, as according to my results, i would bave seen mnimal mprovement over wifi. I was, amd stll am getting, about 40 +- 3 mbs, out of 75. 85mbs on wired tho.

I will update this post later on , those are iPhone speedtests from my Netgear WNDR3700 Router.

#1 on 5GHZ band, #2 on 2.4 GHZ band : If the mobile speedtest app had longer speedtest I would be able to have 85 mbps at all times but because it is so quick I think this is why I won't always have full speeds.
I hope this helps you somehow

does this make any more sence to you know? I hope so
buckweet1980
join:2011-12-31
Saint Petersburg, FL

buckweet1980

The best you could try is to change the channel that your wireless access point is working on.. 1, 6 and 11 are the only channels that don't overlap with each other, so do not use the other channels. With 3 non overlapping channels you can easily see how the 2.4ghz spectrum will become overrun by cross talk of other access points nearby, plus other devices that interfere with the spectrum.

5ghz is the recommended frequency to be on anymore if your devices support it. Less interference and more non-overlapping channels. The caveat is that it sometimes uses more battery (depending on radio) and less distance from the AP is possible due to higher frequency.