spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sofakng3
join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA

sofakng3

Which VOIP providers support SMS?

Are there any providers besides Anveo and Google Voice that support SMS?

I don't pay for SMS on my cellphone because it's insanely expensive but if I could get SMS on my home phone that could be a good alternative...
azmike5
join:2012-07-19
Phoenix, AZ

azmike5

Vitelity does.
»www.vitelity.com/services_sms/

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state

crazyk4952 to sofakng3

Premium Member

to sofakng3
Anveo does.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to sofakng3

Premium Member

to sofakng3
Localphone supports inblonde SMS but only for United Kingdom DID's.

iNum numbers can receive SMS, but in the USA the SMS has to be from Sprint or T-Mobile.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

I'd like to receive some "inblonde SMSs". At least from blondes of my choosing...
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

4 edits

nonymous (banned) to sofakng3

to sofakng3
Unless you are my wife and need unlimited sms it is not that horrible usually, even unlimited is not bad wrapped in as the amount my wife uses more than makes up the cost.
You just need to add a plan usually and not pay per. Now if you rarely use it then yes pay per can add up quick and make a plan seem cheap in comparison. My wife as a manager uses a ton of texting as likes it.
Even now with data and email still uses texting more. The cost for sms at least on most plans I see is just wrapped into the bundle and the bundles without data are not that bad.
We actually use more texting than cell minutes as no ringing phones can place and receive texts quietly and no one is the wiser to a point or blows it off. I can text my wife while she is in a meeting and get a response unless it is a stupid text then it will be a terse response. SMS is good, embrace it and find a carrier with a cheap plan or bundle.
My wife can go through an amazing amount of texts a month on her cell. She does use unlimited. Almost a teenager. Plus we have a son so if one of us is out with him and we take a picture we can send it to the other one.
We use it to let each other know when one of us has picked up our son, going out, working late, any change of plan. Simple quick and we do not abuse it.
Still I do not know which carrier charges an arm and leg for sms. Data yes can be a cost but even prepaid now is relatively cheap if have coverage you need. sms is usually thrown in.

I guess I am saying I never heard of insanely expensive sms in a long time unless you have no plan or it is not bundled in. Data yes can still be a cost but SMS?