how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

Joke

The parents in San Ant. has AT&T "landline" There was a ground loop hum say everytime it would rain. They on;y has one pair to the house, and they were paying like $30 for dial tone.

In any case T refused to fix it, I switched them over to voip.ms (roadrunner), and their monthly bill went from $36+ to $4 and it is crystal clear. The also got 2 PPC cells for $14 to boot, and still have $18/mo in their pocket.

So are they going to run brand new pairs to all these houses to get those speeds, and let the slower people waddle along on the old copper?

It seems crazy they just don't wire them fibre w/ optical transceivers so they can still use the same plant, but at least not have to worry about wireline maintenance for a very long time..

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101

Someone quoted it around here that apparently the board didn't approve the first plan for fiber. From the shareholders meeting I am assuming.

Saw it here though.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

For that speed upgrade to work... they are likely going to have to deploy pair bonding. Which is not a problem for me.. I have about 13-14 pairs available to use at my house.. otherwise I have no problems with At&t running 100-600 feet of new wire from the V-Rad to my house. [Which incidently, is I why I can only get 6 Meg IP-DSL service and U-Voice.]