share rss forum feed

Tenar

join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON

1 edit

[Sci-Fi] Tron Uprising (animated)

Is anyone watching Tron Uprising?
(I didn't see a topic about it)

This show is amazingly good. I like it better than the Legacy Movie. The style takes a moment to get used to, but the edginess of the design is appealing. The music (from the movie of course) is awesome.

I think it's better than Young Justice and Legend of Korra

Edit for trailer

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHwhOcA6Kw

rlt2562
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium
join:2002-12-23
Haughton, LA
kudos:1

Did not know this show existed, thank you! I wish I had the Disney XD channel to give it a shot.

The 1 person on TV.com who reviewed the first episode didn't care for it at all, but I'll take it with a grain of salt if the opportunity presents itself to watch it...
--
You may say I'm a Dreamer.... But I'm not the only one.....

Lazarus
Slavin Away
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Dickinson, ND
reply to Tenar

Have watched a bunch of the episodes now and like the OP said once you get past the animation style it is pretty good.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

How many episodes are out now?

What day/time does it come on?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Alpha Phoenix:

»www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seri···52&lid=7 Just three left for this season, with a two episode finale.

Disney XD channel, Thursdays 8p ET
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Tenar

I watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty good, but I couldn't get past the length of their legs.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

»www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seri···52&lid=7 Just three left for this season, with a two episode finale.

Disney XD channel, Thursdays 8p ET

Really? Because on the Disney XD site it's showing as Sundays @ 12AM, and TV Guide.com is showing it as Mondays @ 12AM! I'm so confused!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Yes, those times as well but I didn't think they were very useful times
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Wanted to know when the first airing is, becuase shortly afterwards, the episode is available via.... other sources.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Tenar

join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

I watched a few episodes and thought it was pretty good, but I couldn't get past the length of their legs.

Yeah the style is very jarring at first. After a few episodes it really started to grow on me and I appreciated the uniqueness. I find the circuitry design on the legs makes them look really long.

Here's a nice remix video from Disney with some clips that shows off the style really well.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwmjEhYvoA

It's not getting great ratings on Disney XD so it's unknown if it will get another season but it is very popular on Itunes.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Trailer 2:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEr27AqnxnA

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Tenar

I just saw that one of the show's producers is trying to get the word out. That the only way it would return is if the numbers increase.
I've never watched it, I liked the original Tron, but couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
Though I will admit, I spent a lot of money in the arcade playing the Tron game back in the 80's [the one with the disks].
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
reply to Tenar

just watched the last one man it was good. great set-up for a new season that won't happen. WTF is with Disney they can't market or make anything new now.

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Tenar

Rumor has it that they want to cancel this series. Well gee, considering that they air it at midnight, of course no one is going to want to watch it unless they have a DVR. Also that they never ever seem to air repeats makes me wonder if they set this up to fail.

Disney is not doing themselves any favors by cancelling this series since they're already talking about a third Tron movie.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to TOPDAWG

said by TOPDAWG:

just watched the last one man it was good. great set-up for a new season that won't happen. WTF is with Disney they can't market or make anything new now.

Yeah, I watched the last episode and I was all hyped up with how it ended. Great show! Disney really screwed the pooch by airing this at midnight, and then they want to cancel it because of low ratings?! WTF???! Dumbasses!

So anyone know for sure if they are going to air any new episodes?
--