Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jsouth
Jsouth

join:2000-12-12
Wichita, KS

Possible scam

My mom got a call that said there is a federal case against me and I need to call them back right away. My girlfriend received a call from the same number that said there is a restraining order pending against me. Same number given in both calls. I called the number using my moms phone so they wouldn't get my cell number and they told me they were trying to collect a debit from me. the debit they told me about was discharged in bankruptcy. It was for a ring I have. The company had until the bankruptcy was discharged to contest it. They never did and I was discharged back in January of 2011. I called my attorney and she told me that they couldn't collect and to get a fax number from them so she could send them papers. The company refused to do so, but they took my attorneys name and phone number. In the meantime I punched the number into google and saw there was some complaints about the company. I then contacted the FTC and my states (Kansas) AG. I also told my attorney that I had did so. The company is Global Litigation Group and the phone number is 1-366-283-0327. I want to out these scum. Is there anything else I should do?

BangBang

join:2000-07-05
Fairview, NJ

I get the same calls on my cell looking for some bitch named Maricel. They usually have thick Indian accents. I ignore the calls from #'s they call from previously and tell em off when they come back with new numbers

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to jsouth

Probably someone is getting names from bankruptcy cases, and dunning people for money that they cannot legitimately connect. Presumably, this is being done on the theory that some people will pay up anyway.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.2; firefox 17.0

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to jsouth

What in the hell is wrong with you, boy??
If your suffering from a mental deficiency my apologies but if it's just a moral deficiency then this 2 minute lesson is tailored for you.

said by jsouth:

I called the number using my moms phone so they wouldn't get my cell number...

Good move!!
That's how ya play the game.
Let other people be bothered, you're too clever to let your own number take the heat.
said by jsouth:

My girlfriend received a call from the same number...

Why didn't you use your girlfriends phone instead of your Mom's?
1. Girlfriend said no
2. Girlfriend more important than good ole Mom?
3. Girlfriend is not 'ready' for the reality of you?
4. Convenience - your convenience that is.
said by jsouth:

they told me they were trying to collect a debit from me. the debit they told me about was discharged in bankruptcy. It was for a ring I have.

Huh?
said by jsouth:

The company had until the bankruptcy was discharged to contest it. They never did and I was discharged back in January of 2011

Aah, playing the game.
List it, you might get the debt discharged & keep their property as the reward for playing a good game!
Of course you'd never considered returning the ring just because, that would take maturity & morality.
Don't feel bad about your lack of maturity & morality because to some degree we all lack.
e.g., here's a display of my lack of maturity & morality.
I'll hope to hell that this company & 100 reincarnations of it persistently nag, annoy, irritates & pisses you off until the end of time or at least until you understand that just because something is legal it is not automatically the right thing to do.
Between you & this company I see proof that 2 wrongs don't have a right between them.
Suggestion:
Ask your attorney if it's possible to return the ring without exposing yourself to any adverse collection actions.
I didn't say anything about actually returning it, just about whether it's possible or not.

jsouth
Jsouth

join:2000-12-12
Wichita, KS

First off Snowy You come off sounding like a whiny b**ch. I don't have to tell you but I had my moms permission to use her phone because she can block her number from being shown and can block numbers for free. Also I am not getting into my bankruptcy in whole but I was allowed to keep the ring by the company. So take your high horse attitude and sod off.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to nwrickert

said by nwrickert:

Probably someone is getting names from bankruptcy cases, and dunning people for money that they cannot legitimately connect. Presumably, this is being done on the theory that some people will pay up anyway.

scare tactics to trick you into something. reading the complaints and seeing how they called the OP it seems they are telling lies just to get you on the phone. A restraining order? What are you being restrained from? lol

»800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-336-283-0327
--
| map your city |

Snowy
Premium
Kailua, HI
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable
reply to jsouth

said by jsouth:

First off Snowy You come off sounding like a whiny b**ch.

Why can't you just type whiny bitch instead of whiny b**ch.??

Did you know that most phone number blocking or anonymous calling doesn't work when a toll free number is dialed?
"Use of a toll-free number often allows for capture of telephone numbers of incoming calls. In the United States, for example, toll free numbers usually capture the telephone number of the caller through automatic number identification, which is independent of caller ID data and captures caller information even if caller ID is blocked"
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toll-free_···e_number

Best to find a public pay phone if you do not want a number being captured by an ANI line.

Whiny bitch, high horse attitude. sod off, I was expecting more colorful language, there is hope.

You started a thread with way more information than was needed, I stepped into it & here we are.
This would have worked fine.
Possible scam
My mom got a call that said there is a federal case against me and I need to call them back right away. My girlfriend received a call from the same number that said there is a restraining order pending against me. Same number given in both calls. I called the number and they told me they were trying to collect a debit from me. the debit they told me about was discharged in bankruptcy. I called my attorney and she told me that they couldn't collect and to get a fax number from them so she could send them papers. The company refused to do so, but they took my attorneys name and phone number. In the meantime I punched the number into google and saw there was some complaints about the company. I then contacted the FTC and my states (Kansas) AG. I also told my attorney that I had did so. The company is Global Litigation Group and the phone number is 1-366-283-0327. I want to out these scum.
Is there anything else I should do?

That wouldn't have left me wondering about who was doing the scamming.

maubs

join:2010-02-26
Farmington, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

I've had these calls as well. I'm starting to think they intentionally call an incorrect number in order to embarrass the victims by involving a relative who receives a call about your impending arrest/restraining order/receipt of papers at home or at work. These are all false threats.

In my case, the threat was to be receiving papers at a relative's house, though no address was mentioned. They've called a few times but no "papers" have ever arrived. This is a scam, and they may be using bankruptcy records as a phishing list.

You were wise to file an FTC complaint.

»consumerist.com/2012/04/11/feds-···be-cops/

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

This is a scam! They are trying to get me as well.

Snowy
Premium
Kailua, HI
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

said by TheRul:

This is a scam! They are trying to get me as well.

If it's a matter of collection agency abuse which is too common an event...

"Where do I report a debt collector for an alleged violation?
Report any problems you have with a debt collector to your state Attorney General’s office (naag.org) and the Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov). Many states have their own debt collection laws that are different from the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Your Attorney General’s office can help you determine your rights under your state’s law.
»www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/01···llection

JustBurnt

@rr.com
reply to jsouth

NEVER give anyone that calls you any information, regardless of who they claim to be.

Collection agencies will make up all kinds of stuff to get people to give them money.