Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

battery life for wii controler

What is the battery life for a wii controler that comes with the wii before it has to be replaced?

I was just wonder if it worth getting the re-charge-able battery charger and re-charge-able battery.

Thanks
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

I think it is worthwhile - we use rechargeable batteries for our Wii controllers and sensor bar. Always keep a set in the charger...
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to aefstoggaflm

You can get a recharge kit for the Wii for about ten dollars. I have two so that all four remotes can be charged all the time. Way cheaper than buying batteries. It seemed like the kids were bugging me for more batteries every day before I bought the chargers.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

1 recommendation

said by footballdude:

I have two so that all four remotes can be charged all the time. Way cheaper than buying batteries.

+1 We went that route too.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to aefstoggaflm

Do you mean the standard Wii 'mote? Or the one for the WiiU?

Standard Wii motes are AA's. Per my experience, the 'motes I have don't seem to like those off-brand recharge kits, but have no problem with rechargeable AA's. The upside with that route is that those batteries are also reusable in other stuff that happens to take AA's in them.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7

The one for the plain wii, not the wii u.

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON

1 recommendation

Honestly, it's a better idea to pony up the cash for the Nintendo rechargable kit than continually using batteries, HUGE cost savings in the long run.

I use the recharge pack for my Xbox 360 controller, and I haven't used batteries in over a year, $30 spent once, as opposed to another $10 pack of batteries every week or so

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

1 recommendation

As far as I recall, Nintendo has yet to make an official rechargeable kit for Wii remotes. They do have a cradle for the WiiU tablet controller, sure, and the WiiU Pro controller also uses the same connector type, but for the standard Wii, I've never seen an 'officially licensed' by Nintendo charging kit.

With the Xbox 360, I used to use the Microsoft Play 'n Charge cable/battery kit as well, but since broke down and bought the NyKo charge base set for that instead, since it's a significantly more elegant solution than what Microsoft provides.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by C0deZer0:

As far as I recall, Nintendo has yet to make an official rechargeable kit for Wii remotes. [...] but for the standard Wii, I've never seen an 'officially licensed' by Nintendo charging kit.

We've had a four-remote charging unit for ages. No idea what company he bought it from but it worked a champ.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬