spc
uniqs

doogan342
@verizon.net

doogan342 to cchhat01

Anon

to cchhat01

Re: [Equipment] looking to buy rcn supported cable modem

rental fee for modem is $3 a month which works out to $36 a year. why would anyone pay $100 for a docsis 3 modem when it takes 3 years to pay it off and it may be obsolete by then. with the number of blackouts, brownouts, power spikes and all that there's a chance your own modem will be fried. rent from rcn and you dont have to worry and always have a proper modem for the level of service you pay for.
sapreaper
join:2007-06-01
united state

sapreaper

said by doogan342 :

rental fee for modem is $3 a month which works out to $36 a year. why would anyone pay $100 for a docsis 3 modem when it takes 3 years to pay it off and it may be obsolete by then. with the number of blackouts, brownouts, power spikes and all that there's a chance your own modem will be fried. rent from rcn and you dont have to worry and always have a proper modem for the level of service you pay for.

In our area, the RCN fee is $5/mo. I think it was raised a while back. Personally I am fine with my own modem. And the SB6121 is $90 at BB now, and is a great modem. And it is faster for me to call in another MAC to RCN than wait for them to send a truck if their modem goes bad.