uniqs
share rss forum feed

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: What's Your Top Pick for PC Game of 2012?

I didn't see anyone mention it, but with Skyrim releasing November 2011 and the content released this last year with Hearthfire and Dawngaurd (Dragonborn later this year for PC) I think it deserves a mention. After realizing how much time WoW was taking from me, and the feeling of obligation to play daily, only to do things I didn't feel like doing in order to progress; I stepped away. MoP is decent, but nothing revolutionary. D3 was a disaster, but TL2 picked up that slack. I am still waiting on the development kit for TL2 so that we can get potions of respec without flagging toons as a "cheater". TBH, most I know are playing WoW due to lack of anything else. I still think GW2 is better, but without many people I know playing, I don't feel any enjoyment. So for me Skyrim is it, and tbh, I am having an absolute blast. I feel like I can not play for a few days to even a week and I am not penalized.

TLDR; Skyrim, then GW2>MoP, TL2>D3
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
2013...The Elder Scrolls Online?

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
said by I AM:

2013...The Elder Scrolls Online?

Not sure about this one. I have enjoyed the last two quite a bit, but not all great solo games translate well to mmo's.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to stvnbrs
I still really want to play Skyrim. I'm just scared it'll rot in my library of games. I just don't know that I could get into it.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Skyrim is absolutely the best game you'll never finish.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
said by Archivis:

Played it, loved it... for 2 hours... never played it again... Gave it to Goodwill 4 months later.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

+1. I've got around 200 hours in that game and never bothered to finish the main quest and there's no shortage of sidequests to do.