spc
uniqs
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to xrobertcmx

to xrobertcmx

Re: Do high end custom PC's have a future?

Wow, voodoo 3, well it was pretty decent for its time.

I'm 100% certain pc gaming will pick it, valve has steam on linux and since the steam box will use linux thats just gonna be more games for the linux users. Not to mention those will probably all be released on windows.

Like you said the consoles can't compete. and I do not expect the next gen consoles to be able to ether. Not unless they want to charge over $600 this time.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by me1212:

Like you said the consoles can't compete. and I do not expect the next gen consoles to be able to ether. Not unless they want to charge over $600 this time.

Next gen consoles will be comparable or have better graphics/power for probably a month or two until new hardware is released, when at that point, PC's pass them in a cloud of dust like always.

If Sony and Microsoft are going to charge 600 dollars for the new consoles when they release, they'll be fuckin' out of their minds.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

If MS/Sony don't make a $600 console I don't see how they will be able to make anything that can compete with current pcs. Even for a few months. My 2500k, @ 4.5ghz, and 7950, @1005mhz, will blow away most anything they can put out at an affordable price. Not trying to sound like an elitist just I know the costs of hardware. Its not like they have much to compete with, the wiiu at about the same as the 360 and ps3, MS said they will be focusing more on the kenect gimmicks(even going so far as to ship the 720 with a kenect as the primary controler, so I hear), and sony keeps loosing money on their game systems this gen. Not much to look forward to sadly.