5.2 transmog changes

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Can't watch cause Websense.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
essentially they are allowing one to transmog 2h weapon types interchangably...i.e. you can transmog a 2h mace to a 2h sword or 2handed axe....I think this implies you will be able to do this with 1h as well though it does not say that.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Skittles
The video doesn't clarify if you can make a "main hand" weapon look like a "1 hand" weapon, or the inverse.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Skittles
Premium
ya I know, but supposedly there was a tweet by a blue stating that MH restrictions will be lifted though I cant access that at work so I guess I will wait til I can find a confirmation and I will post it.

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
What about T-mogging a 1h to a 2h, and vice versa? Seems doubtful, but that's what I really want.
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Nathrezim

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
its called titan's grip/single minded fury

I really want the "main hand" limitations lifted. I have a few cool looking caster weapons on my pally that I would love to use on my tank set, and/or other 2handers i would like to use to tmogg my sha-touched weapon.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Skittles
said by Skittles:

essentially they are allowing one to transmog 2h weapon types interchangably...i.e. you can transmog a 2h mace to a 2h sword or 2handed axe....I think this implies you will be able to do this with 1h as well though it does not say that.

No that's not the way I understand it. I believe it is only two handed weapons that have the same animation. So staves and polearms but not staves and axes.

Edit: May be wrong on the staff vs polearm comment. Could have swore I read somewhere they would be able to be transmogged but the MMO Champion comments say otherwise.

Carpie

united state
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

The video doesn't clarify if you can make a "main hand" weapon look like a "1 hand" weapon, or the inverse.

This was MMO Champions comments from Sunday:

Patch 5.2 Transmogrification Changes
As part of the the transmogrification changes being implemented in Patch 5.2, almost every Main Hand weapon was converted to a One Hand weapon. You can see the list of the remaining Main Hand weapons here.

As far as the other previously mentioned changes go, almost every type has been implemented so far. Most two handed weapons that share animations can now be transmogrified with each other, as well as most one handed weapons with other one handed weapons. Keep in mind that this is the first build of Patch 5.2, and more changes could come in later builds.

Daggers cannot be transmogrified into swords or vice versa.
Polearms cannot be transmogrified into other two handed weapons.
Fist Weapons cannot be transmogrified into other one handed weapons.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Skittles
I still wanna trans my old marshal gear welfare attained gear...

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
you can buy items that allow you to use the graphic at Area 52 - if you attained a certain rank. I don't recall what it was off the top of my head. I want to say Knight-Lieutenant, but I could be wrong.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Endbringer

join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN
reply to Skittles
what about guns transmog to bows???...i hate the guns and crossbows just suck, I would love this option

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
Endbringer, you can already x-mog a bow into a gun or vice versa. I have Taoren the soul burner mogged to a Sun well bow.

Endbringer

Fishers, IN
reply to Skittles
thanks Claw...i missed out on Cata so the transmorg thing is still new to me, i know what im doing when i get home tonite lol

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Edit: May be wrong on the staff vs polearm comment. Could have swore I read somewhere they would be able to be transmogged but the MMO Champion comments say otherwise.

AHA! From last night's notes:

Patch 5.2 PTR Official Notes Update

Interesting Notes
The new legendary item is a meta gem, not head enchant.
Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 Justice points per boss and gold drops scale based on number of players.
Mists of Pandaria Season 2 Malevolent Gladiators PvP gear can now be purchased with Honor Points instead of Conquest Points, including weapons, but newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent Gladiators armor, offhands, and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.
Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0%).
Players in low level battlegrounds will have their effective level raised to the maximum level allowed in that battleground bracket.
Rated Battlegrounds now award conquest to the losing team based on their final score. The losing team can earn up to 200 Conquest Points from a very close match.
Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
Patch 5.0 Valor gear costs 50% less, and Patch 5.1 Valor Gear now costs 25% less.

Not going crazy afterall!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
- Heroic Pandaria dungeons now award 100 Justice points per boss and gold drops scale based on number of players.
- Patch 5.0 Valor gear costs 50% less, and Patch 5.1 Valor Gear now costs 25% less

This is pretty big, so you can cap valor on 3-4 heroics now they need to raise the cap so people is able to catch up.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

stonhinge
Premium
Topeka, KS
Huh? how are you going to cap valor in 3-4 heroics if they're boosting JP gain?

I do like the drop in price, though. it's going to let people catch up faster. No waiting 2 weeks for enough VP for one item. The increased JP will allow you to buy those JP items faster to boost your ilvl as well, so in one week, you could possibly be able to hit 90 and do LFR, just not right when you hit 90. Much better than waiting a couple weeks after you hit 90 to be able to head into LFR.
--

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Skittles
I think jobbie was referring to JP and not Valor. I know I'm storing Valor points and Justice for the impending patch. With the amount of heroics I've ran, I can easily jp cap since I only use JP for item upgrades at the moment. I'll be just upgrading my weapon and then going to cap out justice. With the valor changes means that Tier gear is going to be available via Valor. I'm also going to try the lfr to see if they implemented the drop rate change on the ptr.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
It was my bad I read valor instead of justice, still not sure how I feel about it due of the limited use of JP at this point.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Skittles
ATM, it's really good for nothing. 358 ilvl gear just isn't great. I'll cap it like I said to see if the current tier gear is adjusted down. I think that once we see this change, a lot of guilds will start clearing raids on a more consistent basis.

Skittles
Premium
reply to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

With the valor changes means that Tier gear is going to be available via Valor.

Did I miss something? Where did it say you could buy tier gear with valor?

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Skittles:

said by Cptbeatstix:

With the valor changes means that Tier gear is going to be available via Valor.

Did I miss something? Where did it say you could buy tier gear with valor?

That's if they stick to how they did it in Cata, That will be the case. But Blizz has been doing major changes every patch so far. We'll see what happens.

stonhinge
Premium
Topeka, KS
said by Cptbeatstix:

That's if they stick to how they did it in Cata, That will be the case. But Blizz has been doing major changes every patch so far. We'll see what happens.

No, they've moved away from that - they did starting with DS. If you want tier bonuses, you'll have to do LFR at the very least. You're not going to be seeing tier gear for valor any time soon, if at all.
--

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
reply to Skittles
I like this change I am using my [very light sabre] for tmog for 2h sword right now... it is a quest reward from gnome starting area kept it in bank for just this reason

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Skittles
Um....that's because DS was the last raid. You could buy Firelands tier set piece with Valor. Why would they add the last tier set to valor during that current raid and last raid tier of the expansion lol.

stonhinge
Premium
Topeka, KS
said by Cptbeatstix:

Um....that's because DS was the last raid. You could buy Firelands tier set piece with Valor. Why would they add the last tier set to valor during that current raid and last raid tier of the expansion lol.

No, it's because they had LFR to give people relatively easy access to tier pieces in DS.

And guess what? They still do. So you're probably not going to see tier for valor unless LFR disappears, which is highly unlikely.
--

Skittles
Premium
reply to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

um you could buy some pieces but Shoulders and helm were and still are, as far as I know, bound to tokens. Ston is right, they stated back at the end of Cata that they were moving away form tier pieces being bought with Valor.

Endbringer

Fishers, IN
reply to Skittles
can we transmog our gear to look like the BOA gear?

Skittles
Premium
yes, you can do that now, at least you could last time I played.