Slavin Away
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
Dickinson, ND

Lazarus to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: Final Wheel of Time

Yes some of the middle books in the series did get a bit slow and tedious but they did serve a purpose.

Sanderson did an excellent job picking up after Jordan passed away. Some people of course complained but I have read the series many times and other than a slight difference in style it was excellent.

Never read Casca.

Sword of Truth series was excellent is on my regular reread list.

Mission Earth is also a series that I reread every couple of years.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Casca was a men's adventure series from the 70's and 80's. It was about "the" Roman soldier who drove his spear into the side of Christ. Christ "cursed" him, and he wondered the Earth from that time until now.
What I enjoyed about the series is that Sadler would put Casca into a few historical events. Of course the history isn't ironclad, but it did bring an interesting look at that event.
Kinda like Peirs Anthony's book Steppe. Anthony wanted to proof a point that sci-fi can be written that can entertain and educate. Steppe was his attempt and educating people about Attila the Hun.
»www.goodreads.com/book/s ··· 2.Steppe
quote:
Thrust naked and helpless at the moment of his death into a world he thinks is hell, a Turkish warrior chieftain discovers that this world, which is a strange recreation of his own, is inhabited by a race of humans known as Galactics.

Casca on the other hand was written to entertain. An extra bonus to casca was it was written by the guy that sung the song "Ballard of the Green Beret" and could have been the poster boy for Army Ranger recruiters. He was also a mercenary, a bar tender, and a writer.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

1 recommendation

PhoenixDown to Lazarus

Premium Member

to Lazarus
said by Lazarus:

Sanderson did an excellent job picking up after Jordan passed away.

I agree ... Sanderson has done an amazing job and, frankly, got the series back on track to where it should have been. Very detailed, but not long winded.