spc
uniqs

boogi man
join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL

boogi man to evilt00l

to evilt00l

Re: Heat pump repair suggestions.

I'd use aluminum angle over galvanized because when you drill the holes the rust will start there. so Al angle and a few stainless screws and you're good to go.

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

said by boogi man:

I'd use aluminum angle over galvanized because when you drill the holes the rust will start there. so Al angle and a few stainless screws and you're good to go.

I agree with the boogi man See Profile but would clarify to use two pieces of aluminum (or stainless steel) 90 degree angle (3/4" or at most 1") mounted exactly where you have the two black lines in the picture. The reason for doing two narrow angles instead of a wide blade is to minimize the blocking of vent area. Even 1/2" right angle might be sufficient but makes it harder to access the hex nuts (3/4" allows you to leave enough space for regular thickwall sockets).

As an example look at Stanley Hardware P/N: 342154 which is being sold with motor mounds as a listed application.

Drill 2 holes in the center of each angle bracket to mount the motor using the existing bolts and nuts plus an additional 1 or 2 holes at each end for sheetmetal screws.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

1 recommendation

TheMG

Premium Member

In addition, I'd check the balancing of the fan blade. It is possible that excessive vibration due to an unbalanced blade is what caused the fatigue crack in the first place.

Although, it could be simply due to poor materials and/or manufacturing.
Quattrohead
Premium Member
join:2005-02-09

Quattrohead

Premium Member

Stop using that right away and I 2nd vibration issues.
I would be looking up "International Comfort Products, LLC" and giving them a call to ask about repair/replacement.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In ··· poration

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to boogi man

Premium Member

to boogi man
said by boogi man:

mixing metals is always a good idea.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

I'd just use all steel and paint it.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there