how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RcP

join:2012-08-08
North Liberty, IA

Netflix Open Connect CDN Request

Mediacom is currently not apart of Netflix Open Connect. Can you put in a request MediacomChad so we are able to take benefit of Super HD via netflix.

Thanks

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

Add me to this list.

tlongren

join:2004-01-27
Collins, IA
reply to RcP

This would be awesome.

authorityact

join:2011-05-07
Springfield, MO
reply to RcP

I just came here to post this request as well. I hope this is something they can get setup quickly.

pjschwartz

join:2005-03-25
Savage, MN
reply to RcP

Do it Mediacom . . .

ahent

join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA
reply to RcP

Yup, put me down too.

WhatHappened

join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN
kudos:2
reply to RcP

+1

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103
reply to RcP

I'll send this thread up and if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Nedim

@qwest.net
reply to RcP

Please make this work...

pjschwartz

join:2005-03-25
Savage, MN

Mediacom has a Facebook page . . . we might also want to post our request there too . .

Lazy Senior

join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to MediacomChad

said by MediacomChad:

I'll send this thread up and if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Send it up where? Open Connect would also allow streaming 3D titles on Netflix. This would be beneficial to all that have 3D TVs...

As one who has a 3D TV and has experienced 3D on Directv channels and BR DVD's, it would be a big benefit to have it on Netflix thru Mediacom Internet!

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
reply to RcP

I am sick of Netflix...

Nedim

@mchsi.com
reply to RcP

This doesn't cost mediacom anything... See this »signup.netflix.com/openconnect

You need to make this work

Anonymous
Premium
IA

Making a competitor service better does not make any sense at all.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

said by Anonymous:

Ah, but it would make Mediacom Internet more valuable to me. I would never use Mediacom's crummy TV service anyway unless it got a whole lot cheaper and I have other options for Internet....... And just in case you have not noticed Netflix is not in the ISP business.

Keeping customers and making them happy is just smart business sense. Of course Mediacom is not known for keeping customers happy. Just look at their horrible rating in Consumer Reports.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL
reply to Anonymous

said by Anonymous:

now I would not call netflix a competitor as mediacom is way way behind them. We just got ondemand in our area.

I'm sorry but mediacoms tv offerings suck. Either get with the times or just become a phone/internet provider. How many HD channels does mediacom have now?

Anonymous
Premium
IA
reply to RcP

Just curious how many of you have cable TV?
It's always HSD only subs calling in for 'slow speed'. I don't know for the life of me why we only charge $25 for a service call..
--

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

said by Anonymous:

Probably very few. Mediacom has a very poor Reputation in my little town. I know at least 6 neighbors who had Mediacom TV and went to satellite services in the last few years. I walk my dog every day and it seems I can count satellite dishs that are 10 to 1 over cable drops. Actually that should be NO surprise. You can only screw your customers so much and since there is better offerings and competition like Dish and Directv - no surprise - customers will cancel Mediacom.

Last February when I decided to try Mediacom Internet again, I asked Mediacom Chad for bundle prices on Internet and TV service with DVR's. Sadly it was not even close. Even with new customer pricing Mediacom TV offerings were priced WAY above Directv and Dish. Also Mediacom TV DVR equipment is technology challenged and that statement is being kind.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to GLIMMER

said by GLIMMER:

I'm sorry but mediacoms tv offerings suck. Either get with the times or just become a phone/internet provider.

BINGO!!! Mediacom TV service is just not competitive at all in either price, channel offerings or equipment compared to the satellite companies.

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL
reply to Anonymous

said by Anonymous:

It's always HSD only subs calling in for 'slow speed'. I don't know for the life of me why we only charge $25 for a service call..

i will tell you I only use mediacom for a dumb pipe. your tv offerings suck, lack of good dvr service you charge for each dvr instead of charging the account one fee then just a box fee. I have a dtv hr34 and hr24 I can record 8 shows at one time. I sure couldn't do that on mediacom. I am sorry when you provide sub par speeds then fix it.

Its not our fault you hate your job Anon. If you don't like it get a new one. The customer should not be charged for a service call because your employer is incompetent at providing there service.

Anonymous
Premium
IA

Actually I like my job. I just hate some policies. Service calls should be $100 each time. Number of pending calls would go way down.
--

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by Anonymous:

Actually I like my job. I just hate some policies. Service calls should be $100 each time. Number of pending calls would go way down.

Yep, the Customers would go WAY down too. Bye bye Mediacom, Hello Directv. OOPS there goes YOUR job...

Anonymous
Premium
IA

1 edit

said by Lazy Senior:

said by Anonymous:

Yep, the Customers would go WAY down too. Bye bye Mediacom, Hello Directv. OOPS there goes YOUR job...

You'd be surprised how many people are begging Mediacom to extend the plant since they are stuck with cell or satellite internet. Calling in every 2-3 months to see if they are serviceable. Of course now that they all have DirecTV Mediacom will not pay for extension because guess what? Mediacom is not interested in being internet only provider. Now unless the developer can cover part of the cost Mediacom will not invest money because of poor ROI. It's easy to hate and talk shit about a company and completely ignore the fact they are your only broadband option.

Yes 4G is fast but what about cost and caps? What about caps and latency of satellite internet? CenturyLink is not even offering voice service to some of these new neighborhoods around here...
--

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

said by Anonymous:

said by Lazy Senior:

said by Anonymous:

You'd be surprised how many people are begging Mediacom to extend the plant since they are stuck with cell or satellite internet. Calling in every 2-3 months to see if they are serviceable. Of course now that they all have DirecTV Mediacom will not pay for extension because guess what? Mediacom is not interested in being internet only provider. Now unless the developer can cover part of the cost Mediacom will not invest money because of poor ROI. It's easy to hate and talk shit about a company and completely ignore the fact they are your only broadband option.

Yes 4G is fast but what about cost and caps? What about caps and latency of satellite internet? CenturyLink is not even offering voice service to some of these new neighborhoods around here...

My cell provider offers $40 per month for unlimited data usage on their 4G network. Good bye Mediacom, the capped ISP.

I can really tell that the picture quality on Mediacom SD TV has gone way down. It is barely watchable now. Why don't you just get a job with DirecTV or Dish now and avoid the rush?
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

GLIMMER

Fisher, IL
reply to Anonymous

you really think that verizon is not smart enough to offer 4g service with higher caps? what is mediacoms lowest 150? I could see verizon getting in on the party in towns mediacom has poor service which by the way around me is lots....

hifilistener8

join:2008-04-08
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Anonymous

said by Anonymous:

I predict it won't be too long before the cable TV service takes a back seat to the Internet service. One of the growing trends is for over the top television where people cut the cable TV and get television via Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and Apple. Bloated cable TV simply isn't needed for a lot of people.

I have talked with my ISP, the local phone company, and they are beefing up their Internet service (currently at 30+ Mbps), and now are offering television (IPTV) as a way to stay relevant in the changing telecommunications market. They understand that there will always be cable TV and phone service, but also know that the Internet service is the growth area.

Mediacom and many other cable TV companies seem to be in denial regarding the coming market changes.

In case a Mediacom manager monitors this site: You might want to try and figure out who "Anonymous" is and have a little talk about how he presents your company. His comments and poor attitude toward customer service make you look bad, and were one of the reasons I switched providers.

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Anonymous

said by Anonymous:

It's easy to hate and talk shit about a company and completely ignore the fact they are your only broadband option.

You are right it is EASY to talk bad stuff about Mediacom since they have done such a poor job of keeping customers happy. And FWIW Mediacom is not my only Internet Choice where I live. And they better continue to provide me with adequate Internet service or I will change ISP's. I am a customer who EXPECTS companies to earn my business. Imagine that.

Anonymous
Premium
IA
reply to hifilistener8

First I don't represent anyone but me here. I'm not paid to post here and I have been a member here years before I started working for Mediacom. I used several different names over the years.

I believe eventually TV service will go away and it will all be 'streaming on demand' but not before cable cos are done fighting. Also you should expect to pay the same amount for internet only ($150-$200) where there is no competition.
--

Anonymous
Premium
IA
reply to Lazy Senior

Yeah I remember you bitching about the service before you even got it only to find out it was OK once you started using it
--

Lazy Senior

Cobden, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by Anonymous:

Yeah I remember you bitching about the service before you even got it only to find out it was OK once you started using it

I bitched about it before because I was a EX-Mediacom customer who for almost 2 years experienced the absolute worst TV and Internet service of any company in my life.

Only because of MediacomChads assurance and a 90 day money back guarantee and a very cheap 2 year contract did I consent to try Mediacom once again but with NO TV service.. For the last 11 months my Mediacom Internet service has been entirely adequate.

For whatever reason you seem to disdain Mediacom Customers. You do not make Mediacom proud, indeed employees with attitudes like yours are one of the reasons people dislike Mediacom. You need to study and emulate MediacomChad's actions. It would make you a much more valued employee for Mediacom.