Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to GLIMMER

Premium Member

to GLIMMER

Re: Netflix Open Connect CDN Request

Actually I like my job. I just hate some policies. Service calls should be $100 each time. Number of pending calls would go way down.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Anonymous88:

Actually I like my job. I just hate some policies. Service calls should be $100 each time. Number of pending calls would go way down.

Yep, the Customers would go WAY down too. Bye bye Mediacom, Hello Directv. OOPS there goes YOUR job...

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

1 edit

Anonymous88

Premium Member

said by Lazy Senior:

said by Anonymous88:

Yep, the Customers would go WAY down too. Bye bye Mediacom, Hello Directv. OOPS there goes YOUR job...

You'd be surprised how many people are begging Mediacom to extend the plant since they are stuck with cell or satellite internet. Calling in every 2-3 months to see if they are serviceable. Of course now that they all have DirecTV Mediacom will not pay for extension because guess what? Mediacom is not interested in being internet only provider. Now unless the developer can cover part of the cost Mediacom will not invest money because of poor ROI. It's easy to hate and talk shit about a company and completely ignore the fact they are your only broadband option.

Yes 4G is fast but what about cost and caps? What about caps and latency of satellite internet? CenturyLink is not even offering voice service to some of these new neighborhoods around here...
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by Anonymous88:

said by Lazy Senior:

said by Anonymous88:

You'd be surprised how many people are begging Mediacom to extend the plant since they are stuck with cell or satellite internet. Calling in every 2-3 months to see if they are serviceable. Of course now that they all have DirecTV Mediacom will not pay for extension because guess what? Mediacom is not interested in being internet only provider. Now unless the developer can cover part of the cost Mediacom will not invest money because of poor ROI. It's easy to hate and talk shit about a company and completely ignore the fact they are your only broadband option.

Yes 4G is fast but what about cost and caps? What about caps and latency of satellite internet? CenturyLink is not even offering voice service to some of these new neighborhoods around here...

My cell provider offers $40 per month for unlimited data usage on their 4G network. Good bye Mediacom, the capped ISP.

I can really tell that the picture quality on Mediacom SD TV has gone way down. It is barely watchable now. Why don't you just get a job with DirecTV or Dish now and avoid the rush?
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
you really think that verizon is not smart enough to offer 4g service with higher caps? what is mediacoms lowest 150? I could see verizon getting in on the party in towns mediacom has poor service which by the way around me is lots....
hifilistener8
join:2008-04-08
Minneapolis, MN

hifilistener8 to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

I predict it won't be too long before the cable TV service takes a back seat to the Internet service. One of the growing trends is for over the top television where people cut the cable TV and get television via Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and Apple. Bloated cable TV simply isn't needed for a lot of people.

I have talked with my ISP, the local phone company, and they are beefing up their Internet service (currently at 30+ Mbps), and now are offering television (IPTV) as a way to stay relevant in the changing telecommunications market. They understand that there will always be cable TV and phone service, but also know that the Internet service is the growth area.

Mediacom and many other cable TV companies seem to be in denial regarding the coming market changes.

In case a Mediacom manager monitors this site: You might want to try and figure out who "Anonymous" is and have a little talk about how he presents your company. His comments and poor attitude toward customer service make you look bad, and were one of the reasons I switched providers.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

It's easy to hate and talk shit about a company and completely ignore the fact they are your only broadband option.

You are right it is EASY to talk bad stuff about Mediacom since they have done such a poor job of keeping customers happy. And FWIW Mediacom is not my only Internet Choice where I live. And they better continue to provide me with adequate Internet service or I will change ISP's. I am a customer who EXPECTS companies to earn my business. Imagine that.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88 to hifilistener8

Premium Member

to hifilistener8
First I don't represent anyone but me here. I'm not paid to post here and I have been a member here years before I started working for Mediacom. I used several different names over the years.

I believe eventually TV service will go away and it will all be 'streaming on demand' but not before cable cos are done fighting. Also you should expect to pay the same amount for internet only ($150-$200) where there is no competition.
Anonymous88

Anonymous88 to Lazy Senior

Premium Member

to Lazy Senior
Yeah I remember you bitching about the service before you even got it only to find out it was OK once you started using it

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Anonymous88:

Yeah I remember you bitching about the service before you even got it only to find out it was OK once you started using it

I bitched about it before because I was a EX-Mediacom customer who for almost 2 years experienced the absolute worst TV and Internet service of any company in my life.

Only because of MediacomChads assurance and a 90 day money back guarantee and a very cheap 2 year contract did I consent to try Mediacom once again but with NO TV service.. For the last 11 months my Mediacom Internet service has been entirely adequate.

For whatever reason you seem to disdain Mediacom Customers. You do not make Mediacom proud, indeed employees with attitudes like yours are one of the reasons people dislike Mediacom. You need to study and emulate MediacomChad's actions. It would make you a much more valued employee for Mediacom.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Dude I am not working! I am not getting paid to post here. I help when I can but not because I'm on the clock. FYI people that post here and customers I meet while working have nothing in common.
Random_H3ro
join:2012-12-21
Ottawa, IL

Random_H3ro to RcP9

to RcP9
So if this deal with netflix works out would that solve my problem of only being able to stream "medium hd" on my ps3 it use to stream "high hd" about a month ago i just dont understand.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

Dude I am not working! I am not getting paid to post here. I help when I can but not because I'm on the clock. FYI people that post here and customers I meet while working have nothing in common.

Dude...you are a piss poor excuse for help in this forum and everybody knows it. If it was up to me I would have fired your ass from Mediacom a long time ago.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

said by drslash:

said by Anonymous88:

Dude...you are a piss poor excuse for help in this forum and everybody knows it. If it was up to me I would have fired your ass from Mediacom a long time ago.

You do know I post in other forums right? If I can help I don't mind doing it but I am not here to help Mediacom customers. Chad is here to do that. I post here as an individual just like you.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to Random_H3ro

to Random_H3ro
said by Random_H3ro:

So if this deal with netflix works out would that solve my problem of only being able to stream "medium hd" on my ps3 it use to stream "high hd" about a month ago i just dont understand.

I don't believe there is any guarantee that conditions would improve for streaming Netflix. Part of the issue is that Mediacom consists of a bunch of geographically separated market areas that are stitched together into a network by leased connections through AT&T and other backbones. It seems to me that Mediacom would need multiple connections to Netflix in order for every area to have a decent connection to Netflix.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

said by drslash:

said by Anonymous88:

You do know I post in other forums right? If I can help I don't mind doing it but I am not here to help Mediacom customers. Chad is here to do that. I post here as an individual just like you.

Yes, I know you troll in other forums...and I would still fire your ass if it was up to me.
Random_H3ro
join:2012-12-21
Ottawa, IL

Random_H3ro to k9iua6

to k9iua6
Intresting i always thought with all those mediacom commercials they would have their own network or whatever and not be tied into at&t.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by Random_H3ro:

Intresting i always thought with all those mediacom commercials they would have their own network or whatever and not be tied into at&t.

They used to be tied almost exclusively to AT&T. Mediacom has built out it's own network but still relies on other companies or connectivity to the internet.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to Random_H3ro

to Random_H3ro
said by Random_H3ro:

You probably have other problems. I am a Frequent Netfix viewer and use the PS3 for Netflix streaming. The Netflix HD quality with DD5.1 is every bit as good as my Directv picture. Maybe even slightly better.

FWIW I also own a ROKU and IMO the Netflix picture is better on the PS3..

Sam_Internet
@mycingular.net

Sam_Internet to Lazy Senior

Anon

to Lazy Senior
I had mediacom in Columbia, mo since they started delivering service here. I am quite pleased with the speed offerings, customer service is good too. They are other competitors but cable internet is my favorite choice to dsl or 3g/4g, satellite
Clever Name
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Davenport, IA

Clever Name to RcP9

Premium Member

to RcP9
Make it so.
strange_69
join:2001-08-07
Ridgecrest, CA

strange_69 to RcP9

to RcP9
They should do it cause it would make good business sense. The higher the definition, the faster people would reach and exceed their caps, the more Mediacom would get in overages. Brilliant!!!
CYCLNZ
join:2002-04-28
Cedar Rapids, IA

CYCLNZ to RcP9

to RcP9
Add my request to the list also, for the Cedar Rapids Mediacom market.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88 to strange_69

Premium Member

to strange_69
Yes but that additional income is nothing compared to the cable TV side income. Mediacom does not want to be internet only provider.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

im sure if you looked mediacom already has more customers that are internet only than you think. around me there are only 3 people on a street of 25 houses that have mediacom cable all the others either have medicom broadband or dsl

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

If needed Mediacom can always adjust their internet pricing. If they wanted to they could bundle two services together.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

Mediacom does not want to be internet only provider.

Maybe but here is Mediacom's big problem:

They have much competition in the TV providers arena. Mediacom simply does (can) not compete with providers like Dish or Directv. Mediacom's TV services are priced higher, have less channels, and provide outdated poor DVR equipment.

No one in their right mind would have Mediacom Telephone service no matter how cheap.

On the other hand they can compete in Internet service where the most likely competition is DSL...........
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit

silbaco to RcP9

Premium Member

to RcP9
From a business sense, I don't see any reason for Mediacom to add this. Most of their competitors are DSL, as has been mentioned. A lot of those DSL competitors are not even going to be fast enough to offer the higher def Netflix and the ones that are fast enough might not be after users start using it. With competition like Windstream, Mediacom has little to worry about.

Why offer something your competition can't, when all it will really do is compete with your own offerings?

sharkkat
@mchsi.com

sharkkat to RcP9

Anon

to RcP9
Please add my request too.
sharkcat313
join:2001-12-01
Fairhope, AL

sharkcat313 to RcP9

to RcP9
Please add my request for this Netflix service also.