Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DrSmith

join:2009-02-16
united state

1 recommendation

reply to tschmidt

Re: Any FP DSL users in Southern NH experiencing uplink probs?

All fixed! Just spoke with Gary at FP and he said I was on a congested T1 from Derry to Manchester. They switched me over to the alternate T1 and all is well. Don't see any T1's in your old network pic there Tom (maybe in the Cell Relay net?). And I thought ATM was 20 years old. Guess there's a T1 backhaul that is even older.

Also explains why AMH's fix did not also fix me. They've just oversubscribed a backhaul and wait for customers to complain before leveling out the traffic. Not the best policy, IMHO, but I cannot complain about the repair service once the problem was ticketed.

DrSmith

join:2009-02-16
united state
reply to tschmidt
//

amh1

join:2013-01-07
Salem, NH

1 recommendation

reply to tschmidt
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the diagram, it gives me a better understanding of how you got your BW upto 6Mb

FP did a truck roll and the tech came in a did some testing copper line measurement from inside and ourside of the house to the DSLAM.

He identified some wiring in my house that could be improved and after some quick re-wiring, my SNR and line attenuation are better.
Here are the new XVR stats:
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path/ Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360/ 864
Margin (dB) 28.8/ 17.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 19.1/ 8.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 5.8/ 11.9

here are the before re-wiring numbers restated for reference
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 /864
Margin (dB) 27.5 /9.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 28.8 /11.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 6.6 /11.9

Speedtest remains the same, a good ~3Mbps up, 0.7Mbps dn

It is worth noting that the uplink problem that got this thread started did not exist with the older/noisier wiring and that the fix last night was done without any rewiring - something upstream of the DSLAM. However I am glad the FP tech came and improved the SNR.

Rgds,
AMH