Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 edit

DocDrew to Customer0564

Premium Member

to Customer0564

Re: Question about charter scanning plan

Plug the modem in. It scans the frequencies and locks on. If it doesn't. There is either a signal problem or the modem isn't authorized on your account properly.

The auto scan is part of the DOCSIS standard the modem is built to. EVERY cable modem does it.

If yours doesn't, it'd be the first I've seen in the thousands I've hooked up over the last dozen or so years.

I've seen modem with the option to put in the initial frequency to scan but I've never seen it needed. I've used to shorten the scan times back when Motorola 2100 modems took 30-45 minutes to scan and sync, but than was 10 years ago

Anyway the lowest scan frequency. Is 54 MHz and the highest is 1000 MHz. The channel spacing is 6mhz.

Customer0564
@brconline.net

Customer0564 to Kearnstd

Anon

to Kearnstd
This is a Ambit Broadband modem. I didn't buy it.. Im paying rental on it because its from my ISP. But since you guys know so much and there obviously in your opinion legitimately cannot be a modem with this ability. Therefor it must be a hacked modem, and that must mean Im stealing. Obviously your covering up your own ignorance by changing the subject. I just didn't want to pay them to come out and fix the issue.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Customer0564

Premium Member

to Customer0564
The modem will automatically know what signals to use on any HSI system. I am guessing the bootfile tells it that when it first comes online. You should never need to edit this stuff and in fact name me a modem that does let you manually set the frequencies.

As the poster above states, it is likely a hacked modem. So either you got scammed on Ebay, Or we cannot help you because you are stealing internet and assisting with theft of service is against forum policy and likely against state or federal laws.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to DocDrew

Premium Member

to DocDrew
You do when it's a hacked modem.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew to Customer0564

Premium Member

to Customer0564
The modem will disconnect if you remove them but it relearned the proper channels on its own. No need to fill them in

Customer0564
@brconline.net

Customer0564 to DocDrew

Anon

to DocDrew
Umm If I remove that information or tweak it I lose the internet. I kinda forgot the original settings. I dont want to talk to my ISP or they will charge to have it fixed.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal

DocDrew to Customer0564

Premium Member

to Customer0564
Again what are you trying to do? Modems will find acceptable channels they can use automatically.

Customer0564
@brconline.net

Customer0564 to DocDrew

Anon

to DocDrew
Its for Modem only, and the area you mean state, if so Michigan.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal

DocDrew to Customer0564

Premium Member

to Customer0564
What are you trying to do? Do you want full spectrum, modem only, video only, or what?

Upstream or downstream channels?

Also what area? Different areas are setup differently.

Customer0564
@spcsdns.net

Customer0564

Anon

Does anyone know the lowest center frequency in Hz? Along with Highest center frequency and channel spacing in Hz?