MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater

MVM

APC Back-UPS RS 1500VA needs batteries.

I have a Back-UPS RS 1500VA (Non LCD) (»www.apc.com/resource/inc ··· u=BR1500)

And was looking for a good place to get a battery pack, this is not on anything mission critical so I rather get some somewhat cheaper batteries if I can.

Also interested in a BR24BP (or BR24BPG if it has the same connector.) if anyone know where to get a decent deal on one.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Looks like 2 fire-alarm type batteries mounted to a connector plate to me... Should be able to get it rebuilt for 50 bucks, maybe less? If you pull yours out, is there a number or description on the battery itself?

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater

MVM

Click for full size
Click for full size
See anything useful?

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater
Looks like a pair of exide ep-1234 to me, should be an easy match, a powersonic1209 should work, at about 25 bucks each...

If you have a battery dealer near you (check the yellow pages or local electrical houses) - should be no prob to get!

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater
I've used »batteryspec.com for years - no complaints. Reasonable prices and decent shipping fees.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater
I've used BatterySpec for a long time too (only because removed See Profile referred me to them a long time ago) and have been satisfied.

In regards to an external battery pack, I just rigged (and I mean rigged) an external APC battery pack onto my TrippLite SU1500RTXL2U at the house. I removed the three prong external connector on the TrippLite, bought and wired an Anderson-style plug on eBay to my TrippLite and my APC battery pack. Connected and extended run time.

Ensure you have the correct voltage. I have two banks in the APC pack with each bank wired in series to give a total of 48 volts (which is what the TrippLite requires).

Don't do this sh*t at work. If this is for an enterprise, just get a good, decent enterprise-class UPS.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater
Interstate Battery has always come through for me.

But we get employee discounts there...
activoice
join:2008-02-10
York, ON

activoice to Napsterbater

to Napsterbater
You can try UPS For Less...

»www.upsforless.com/apcba ··· its.aspx

I've used the Canadian site to order Refurbished UPS with new batteries from them before... never ordered just the replacement battery.. but I've had a couple of SMART UPS' from them for over a year and no problems.

The biggest problem with shipping batteries is the weight..
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to Napsterbater

to Napsterbater
Looks like two APC RBC2 to me. I always buy from GPS (Gruber Power Services) via their ebay store.

»www.ebay.com/itm/RBC2-RB ··· 74125211

Overall price gets better when you order 4 or more, due to shipping only going up slightly.

You only need batteries you can reuse the other components. It is just two batteries taped together.

Jump on the way back machine:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· wbHXqXyY
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater
You can buy the bare batteries locally at a feed store or electrician's supply. These are some extremely common batteries. Carefully peel the labels from the old battery pack for re-use ( don't cut them like in the video above). The wiring harness un-plugs from the two batteries. Then re-construct using the new batteries. I've done it 20 or 30 times. Batteries are $15.50 each locally, so $31 to fix up a new pack.
Aranarth
join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

Aranarth to Napsterbater

to Napsterbater
I've used both upsforless.com and also refurbups.com.

Personally I would also try Interstate Batteries if you have a local warehouse. (Saves on shipping...) They will also have these batts and the local farmer supply often has them as well since many of them are starter batteries for small engines. (DR power equipment etc.) Some of these ups batteries are also resourced motorbike and ATV starter batteries so don't be surprised if those kinds of shops and places like napa etc. also have them.

Personally I like the smartups 1000xl and 1500 since they have detachable battery connector that uses bolts and the same connector can be used to provide and external battery pack.
This means you connect two small deep cycle or marine 12 volt batteries in series and then the ups will last for a REALLY long time.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to activoice

Premium Member

to activoice
said by activoice:

You can try UPS For Less...

»www.upsforless.com/apcba ··· its.aspx

I've used the Canadian site to order Refurbished UPS with new batteries from them before... never ordered just the replacement battery.. but I've had a couple of SMART UPS' from them for over a year and no problems.

The biggest problem with shipping batteries is the weight..

I have used upsforless as well. I have picked up in person at their Markham (north of Toronto) Canadian office. No shipping that way. I have a APC Smart UPS 1500 here that I need batteries for and will go pick them up.

Mellow
Premium Member
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater
Upsforless customer as well, bought batteries and refurb and new UPS's from them, not had a dud yet.