Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to Koil

Re: If you had to recommend one PC game what would it be?

said by Koil:

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Not bad for an MIT guy.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

DasGoat

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Gordo74
I can't believe I'm not the only nerd who loves HOMM3.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to TheThing
RPG: Any of the 'Postal' series
FPS: Soldier of Fortune 2 or Call of Duty 1 or HL1/HLDM
Puzzle: Portal

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to TheThing
Team Fortress 2. That's the game I play the most by far. I love how they keep updating it too.

Grethor
Today Is A Good Day To Format

join:2004-04-14
Tacoma, WA
reply to TheThing
Easy. Deus Ex

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
And Human Revolution.

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to TheThing
Star Wars Galaxies

I know a lot of people will say it sucked, but I loved it. Pre CU and pre NGE of course.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to TheThing
Everquest for me. Nothing else comes close to the first release of EQ and the sheer size of the world it brought. This is the game that defined MMORPG from the onset (my opinion). Ive never been so involved in game where running across the continent was not only time consuming, but the actual event of running across was thrilling. Seeing my first Hill giant in the distance, getting on board boats to cross the oceans. The first time running around a city. This game and no other game since has had the same initial feeling. WoW came close but not the same. The game went downhill once Sony took over

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to TheThing
Asheron's Call

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
My first MMO....loved that game. Played it for yeaaars. So so good.

I remember getting my GSA when it was actually something....man that was awesome.

bpoff17

Farming the shards took FOREVER! I was on an OG Mage at the time and farmed what seemed like 60 hours a week just to try and get the shards for just the pants. A guildie ended up handing me over the extra's he had so the chest was a lot faster.

Then there were the Atlan weapons, with the gems. I remember the first time running to Fort Teth and I shook like a scared kid when I saw Drudges that could one shot me!

said by Koil:

My first MMO....loved that game. Played it for yeaaars. So so good.

I remember getting my GSA when it was actually something....man that was awesome.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to TheThing
Duke Nukem Goes To The Mall

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to bpoff17
lol....me, too...same thing the first time I saw the Umbra and Panumbra shadows...and the Virindi...lol...omg such nostalgia

bpoff17

Just remembered another one! The Olthoi Noble camping to get good gear. He spawned once ever so many minutes, and you would camp out at the bottom of that cave just hoping you'd get the kill. I remember changing my sleep schedule so I could be online when nobody else would be there.

DeViLzzz

join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON
reply to TheThing
Half Life 2 but Limbo is a close 2nd.

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to bpoff17
said by bpoff17:

Just remembered another one! The Olthoi Noble camping to get good gear. He spawned once ever so many minutes, and you would camp out at the bottom of that cave just hoping you'd get the kill. I remember changing my sleep schedule so I could be online when nobody else would be there.

I remember early on going to....I forget the name, but it was a dungeon FULL of Tuskers. I remember sitting in there for HOURS manually casting spells to buff myself and kill the tuskers en masse, along with tons of other ppl. If you got caught out of sequence...blammo...dead.

OOohh...and DI's!!! lol I remember 15 noobs getting together to try and help some guy reclaim his bod to get back his shit before we figured DI's out...lol
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to TheThing
For new games just out, Ace Combat Assault Horizon if you like flight combat games.

Just bought this one yesterday and had a blast playing it online with others.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

Assuming the person had never played a PC game before, and you don't particularly know what their taste is, what game would you recommend? IF IT COULD ONLY BE ONE.

Based on these parameters, I'd have to say Plants vs. Zombies.

While I don't believe it necessarily represents PC gaming's "best of the best" as it is available across just about all platforms now, it typically stands out as an enjoyable game from a very wide variety of folks, from grandma to the business executive.

bpoff17

reply to Koil
Pyreals had weight to them and took up bag space! Then they changed them to not have any burden, and made the exchange for notes a bit more favorable. Oh that game brings back so many memories. Harvestgain feels like an eternity ago.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to Savant
said by Savant:

Oh man such a hard choice between Deus EX and System Shock 2, but I'll have to go with Deus EX. The storyline behind the game really puts it over the top.

I was too chicken to play System Shock 2... but from the little that I did play it was pretty cool, but I own Deus Ex, amazing game! I can still remember it very well, music was pretty cool.. I never cared much for the rest after it, but I will admit I did not play the most recent one which I heard is more inline with the first.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to kingdome74
said by kingdome74:

said by Krisnatharok:

UT2K3 was so much fun.

I loved playing capture the flag.

I wished people gave UT3 more of a try.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
reply to TheThing
Skyrim was epic. so many things to make me go "wow" in it. I lost several months of free time playing it, but I think I would choose one of the classics like Dragon's Lair.

hellrazzer24

join:2002-06-21
united state
reply to Hypnotics
said by Hypnotics:

HL 2 all the way. Best game I have played period.

I love HL2, but HL1 is much better. Even today, i'd rather play HL1

TruSm0ke

join:2005-07-21
Michigan
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TheThing

If I had to recommend 1 game...

I'd choose Crysis 1.

But damn, if this wasn't a very hard choice!

And...... Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, Bioshock, Battlefield 1942 & BC2 Sorry couldn't help myself.