share rss forum feed

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to I AM

Re: What PC Game Purchase Do You Regret The Most?

Entire suit? Screw that. I want that stuff beamed directly into my brain by a little chip.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to diablo1892

said by diablo1892:

If I would'v read there post before I bought the game, I would'nt be posting any of these posts in Ghastlyone's thread.

So the object lesson here is to be an informed buyer.

Some games are an unplayable piece of crap and the production studios should die a fiery death. Cracking a bought game to make it playable is one thing--outright pirating the game is something else.

In the past, you've certainly given off the impression that you just pirate games to pirate games, and then blame your computer for not being able to play them.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

OMG let it go already, alright?? Seriously

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Wow ok, I thought we were finding some common ground on this issue.

Nevermind. Keep pirating.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

One does not simply find common grounds on this issue.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Ghastlyone

if my wife taught me anything... the best thing to do when you have a disagreement is to talk it out

even if it takes hours.. talk it out

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

F*ck that noise, let everything fester, then EXPLODE!
Most guys I know (including me) do not need to talk anything out, because after 20 mins, the issue that bothered us has ceased to be a bother.
Women on the other hand......
--
~ Project Hope ~

TheThing

yayayayayaya

i was just trying to get diablo and kris to beat a dead horse

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada

Either:
bare knuckle brawl after a Jagermeister drinking contest

Last man standing wins!
--
~ Project Hope ~

TheThing

reply to Ghastlyone

I'm a Jager champion

I can drink that till the cows come home

for some reason, I can't hold my liquor with beer tho, I don't get it

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by TheThing:

for some reason, I can't hold my liquor with beer tho, I don't get it

The Carbonation makes the alcohol hit your bloodstream faster... whereas liquor, non-fizzy wine gets 100% broken down by your liver.

I know what you're saying Beer royally F's me up too, and I can put back nearly a whole bottle of whiskey to myself.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to Inssomniak

said by Inssomniak:

Unreal Tournament 2003--

I played UT99 till my fingers bled and continued to very frequently for more than 10 years after it was released, and still 14 years later turn it on and frag once in a while when time permits.

Bought UT2003 but couldn't get used to the gameplay.

Wow that's funny.. I have all UT versions I used to play online with UT99 and it was fun and the sound track was nice..

UT2003 was ok but UT2004 was bettter... The sad one was UT3 I have it but I haven't really played online, last time I checked it was nothing but bots and I don't see why no one really liked it.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Ghastlyone

Black Ops 1

xrobertcmx
Premium
join:2001-06-18
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Krisnatharok

Chargeback as I have learned over the years means not having signed a "No Refund" contract.
This little incident was back when 7 had just hit the market.
Yep, happy, gridlocked, NoVa. Might need a better laptop first, my little i5 w/Geforce 610 does game, but not well. I want Asus or someone to put an A10 in a 13in, I got to play with one in a 15in Lenovo and it does very well.
--
I voted for Snoopy!

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

if my wife taught me anything... the best thing to do when you have a disagreement is to talk it out

even if it takes hours.. talk it out

That method works until you find someone who doesn't want to and/or can't listen.

TheThing

why get sleep when you can talk it out till 6 in the morning and feel like shit!

talking it out is a load of crap, i was trolling

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to JB

said by JB:

Black Ops 1

I played that on PS3 back a few years ago. It wasn't bad, it definitely looked like shit though.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

That's because IW and Treyarch have been reusing the same Doom 3 engine since CoD4. So any graphical improvements since the first entry to use the engine are modest at best, subjective at worst.

Quality of the campaign on the other hand... is another matter.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Ghastlyone

I don't buy many games, but as much as I loved t at the time I guess Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is my biggest disappointment...because I was head over heels for it and then, it just sort of stopped...

Best game I ever owned is Tekken Tag Tournament (I know it's console, but that game is the shit)...I spent hours and hours beating countless Marines in that game. It would get so bad, I'd have to stop to prevent thumb blisters. It's the only reason my ps2 is still in the attic, in case some fucker comes over talking shit and deserves an ass whipping.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to Ghastlyone

Probably CS:GO

It was on sale so I decided to buy into the hype and see if I was any good after 10 years away from multiplayer FPS. I most certainly am not, got killed about 1:10. Other players were debating whether I was a noob or mentally challenged. After a few hours I was getting a bit better, up to about 1:5. I could keep improving but it just wasn't fun being on edge constantly like that.

Oh well at least I only paid $7.50.

On the other end I did enjoy Diablo III for a couple of runs through but $60 was a bit much considering I usually wait for games to go for $30 or less.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
reply to Ghastlyone

On the topic of pirating I can't cast too much judgment since I did my fair share while I was a student.

Now that I am gainfully employed I pay for everything. Also I often buy some of the things I pirated earlier (like the star wars games) on steam so that I can make penance and also have them in the library for replaying.

So to avoid being a hypocrite I wouldn't judge a student but if you are out of school you should be paying.

I've always thought gaming companies might be well-served to offer student discounts. It seems to work for other software, get the students hooked and you'll have customers a long time. I guess it might be harder to see the benefit of that repeat business as a gaming company, but I think they'd still see it.

beldin
Script Monkey number 50
Premium
join:2006-06-06
Union, SC
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Ghastlyone

Recent purchase that I regret: Rage - It looked good and the gameplay (for single player) was ok, but it was way too short for the price. Never being able to get multiplayer to work at all was another nail in the coffin.

Probably the absolute worst and most regrettable purchase was Battle Cruiser 3000. I (and I imagine everyone else) had high hopes for the game, but Mr. Smart was never able to deliver a finished, working game.
--
I love working at a pay cut.
================
Charter Cable HSI
Verizon Wireless Unlimited