Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grapkoski
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Washington, DC

[Connectivity] Netflix Super HD

Haven't been home yet to check but does RCN's backbone peer with Netflix already?

»bgr.com/2013/01/08/netflix-super···-285971/

machpost

join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC
said by grapkoski:

Haven't been home yet to check but does RCN's backbone peer with Netflix already?

When I visit »www.netflix.com/superhd, I see that RCN is ready for Super HD, but on my Apple TV 3, which is supposed to be compatible, I'm not seeing the Super HD icon anywhere.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA
said by machpost:

said by grapkoski:

When I visit »www.netflix.com/superhd, I see that RCN is ready for Super HD, but on my Apple TV 3, which is supposed to be compatible, I'm not seeing the Super HD icon anywhere.

I believe your apple TV needs to be set to the resolution of 1080p to work.

plmoraless

join:2012-07-18
Allentown, PA
I'm getting it here in the Lehigh Valley on my LG Smart TV!

machpost

join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC
reply to shadyman777
said by shadyman777:

I believe your apple TV needs to be set to the resolution of 1080p to work.

Actually, it is set to 1080p, but I'm not seeing any indication on the Apple TV of what's in super HD and what isn't. Maybe there is a forthcoming update for the Apple TV to allow this functionality.

artjohn
Premium
join:2000-11-17
Chevy Chase, MD
reply to grapkoski
Congrats to RCN for signing up with Netflix to make super HD available in the DC/MD market.

grapkoski
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
said by artjohn:

Congrats to RCN for signing up with Netflix to make super HD available in the DC/MD market.

Ditto! Saw it on my Panasonic!

hydrox
Premium
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA
reply to grapkoski
The Netflix page says that RCN is activated for Super HD on my devices in Boston, but in searching for over 50 HD or recent adds yields zero Super HD movies for me in the Boston region. Anyone else in Boston having any better luck finding any Super HDs? Netflix CS says different US regions have different selections, so if someone in another region has a particular movie in Super HD, it doesn't mean it is available in every region.

Although I have 3d capabilities on my Windows 8 PC, Sony Blu-Ray player, and on my Sony XBR, none of these are supported yet for Netflix 3d Streaming: only Sony PlayStation 3 and LG TV are currently supported.

I guess I have to be patient.