Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rebel
El Loco

join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

Suddenlink Arris Modem Question........

I found many brand new and used Arris Docsis 3 Telephony Modems on Ebay for cheap around $80-90 bucks, and was wondering since Suddenlink provided me with an Arris Docsis 2 Telephony Modem with no downstream channel bonding.....if I bought one of the Arris Docsis 3 Telephony Modems on Ebay which does downstream channel bonding, if Suddenlink can or will activate it on my account? I ask because I kinda miss having and using my Motorola D3 modem that does downstream channel bonding. Anyways, let me know. Thanks!!

SDL L3Tech

join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX
kudos:28
Here is a list of the supported modems customers can buy for use on our network. However I do not believe any of them MTA's.

»help.suddenlink.com/Internet/Pag···ist.aspx

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Didn't know you could buy a retail mta?

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Rebel
You can still use your Motorola modem. You'll need to split the cable so it goes to both the Arris and the Motorola. Disconnect the ethernet cable from the Arris and plug it into the Motorola. Call Suddenlink tech support and ask them to switch your internet service over to the Motorola. They'll need a MAC address off the Motorola. They enter it on their end and then you'll be online with DOCSIS 3 again in about 2 minutes.

I'm posting this over the same setup. The installer unhooked my Motorola and hooked everything to the Arris, but I wasn't too happy with the performance of the Arris on the internet side, so I added the Motorola back into the mix and am quite happy with the results.

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
reply to SDL L3Tech
Actually, I found 2 on the list you provided me that are infact MTA's Docsis 3...as well as found 2 of those MTA's D3 on ebay for cheap.

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
reply to SDL L3Tech
»www.ebay.com/itm/ARRIS-Touchston···7649bc53

SDL L3Tech or any other Approved Suddenlink Tech on these forums......Here is the web link of the Arris Touchstone Telephony Cable Modem TM722G Docsis 3 Modem that was on the Suddenlink Approved Cable Modem list that SDL L3Tech posted on his reply message to me. I'm ready and going to buy this but before I do, wanted to be sure that it will work on Suddenlink's network, and have a SDL Tech on here check it out and let me know if it will work before I purchase it. Please let me know when possible. Thanks!!

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
reply to SDL L3Tech
SDL L3Tech or any other Approved Suddenlink Tech on these forums. Here is the web link of the Arris Touchstone Telephony Cable Modem TM722G Docsis 3 Modem that was on the Suddenlink Approved Cable Modem list that SDL L3Tech posted on his reply message to me. I'm ready and going to buy this but before I do, wanted to be sure that it will work on Suddenlink's network, and have a SDL Tech on here check it out and let me know if it will work before I purchase it. Please let me know when possible. Thanks!!

»www.ebay.com/itm/ARRIS-Touchston···7649bc53

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
Sorry about the double post. Anyways, any Suddenlink Tech or anyone have an answer and response to what I said? I kinda need a response as soon as possible as the person on ebay selling the modem is saving it for me and waiting for a response back. Thanks!

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by Rebel:

Sorry about the double post. Anyways, any Suddenlink Tech or anyone have an answer and response to what I said? I kinda need a response as soon as possible as the person on ebay selling the modem is saving it for me and waiting for a response back. Thanks!

Didn't you already say it was in the list that the tech posted to the forums? What more do you need?
--
What the heck is a GatorKram? »www.gatorkram.com

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
I understand but it also says in parenthesis comcast/xfinity...so I wasn't sure if it is used only for Comcast/Xfinity or it can still be used on Suddenlinks network.