spc
uniqs

DarkStar33
join:2008-03-27
Toronto, ON

DarkStar33 to El Quintron

to El Quintron

Re: Netflix Super HD/Open Connect

Windows 8 is a polite way of saying "Windows" without have to deal with listing the previous versions.

If your on XP/Vista its a worthwhile upgrade.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by DarkStar33:

Windows 8 is a polite way of saying "Windows" without have to deal with listing the previous versions.

Sounds ridiculous to me. Every other product and web site lists each respective Windows version as appropriate.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG

Premium Member

said by 34764170:

said by DarkStar33:

Sounds ridiculous to me. Every other product and web site lists each respective Windows version as appropriate.

I agree. If it works on other versions of Windows, then they should list those as well.

Otherwise, it leads to confusion as to whether or not older OS are supported, and they could lose potential subscribers (the kind who are not willing to upgrade to Win8).

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

monitors do this same BS. Say compatible with windows whatever version. Hell my dad got one years ago and asked why he picked that one and he said one reason said it was compatible with windows so he knew it would work.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG

Premium Member

said by TOPDAWG:

monitors do this same BS. Say compatible with windows whatever version. Hell my dad got one years ago and asked why he picked that one and he said one reason said it was compatible with windows so he knew it would work.

Marketing strategy made successful by the fact that many people just don't know that a monitor is OS-independent.

Sad but true.

As for Netflix, I don't think it's in their favor at all to only state Windows 8.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

Some products do only work with certain OS's. Doing so for a monitor is silly unless its a monitor with a USB connection.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to DarkStar33

to DarkStar33
said by DarkStar33:

no it isnt
if i wanted a tablet operating system that can ONLY watch over priced television well id buy a tv and cable service that can ...
this just makes me want to actually pirate more....

and tell us all what is the issue with using windows 7 for watching HD
no its a polite way to say screw you consumer i want you to bend over and pay pay pay and give you so little i can pay my own trip to mars and back