uniqs
share rss forum feed

mooch
No Booing Allowed

join:2001-11-11
Dublin, OH
reply to Jas

Re: [Embarq] Crappy Speeds

Yep, it's definitely working the way it should tonight...hope things are back on track!

mooch
No Booing Allowed

join:2001-11-11
Dublin, OH
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..
Jcims and Fox McCloud....how are you fellow central Ohio guys' connections doing after the slowdown that we had last week?

I ask because mine's not limping along as badly as it had been, but overall it's still at times about a meg slower when downloading than what it had been prior to 12/30/12. That's a rub for me, the way my 6MB connection had been running up to speed (prior to 12/30), Netflix was working pretty good. With my speeds now dipping down into the 3MB range at times it's no longer consistently Netflix friendly.

jcims

join:2008-07-07
Marysville, OH
It had been good for the last few days but it's dogging again tonight.

This is a little different than usual as my upstream isn't typically affected (10M/768k service)

Something wonky is going on with the routing out of Ohio. I used to do speedtest against DataCenter.bz in Columbus, but now that's 19-20 hops and 130ms away. TowerStream in Chicago is a shorter path and generally yields 'better' speed results.

jcims

Marysville, OH
Still not improving tonight

minebadtoo

@centurytel.net

Bad speeds tonight too for 10 meg but my ping is ok.

jcims

Marysville, OH
I wonder if this has anything to do with it. This is the route that VisualTraceroute says packets are taking from Mansfield Ohio to Columbus Ohio

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to Fox McCloud
Hi mooch, jsims and anyone else having trouble with their CenturyLink DSL service. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing. I want to offer our assistance to look into these problems for you. We ask that you contact us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Please include your account information, speed/latency tests and reference your post here on DSLReports. Thank you!

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team
TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com

Leviathan

join:2012-09-02
Bremen, IN
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Mediacom
reply to Fox McCloud
Well, in regards to crappy speeds. »www.speedtest.net/result/2444051 ··· 1169.png

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 4704 576
Margin (dB) 17.6 21.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 48.5 19.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 19.8 12.5