spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mistydawn118

@myvzw.com

[CenturyTel] Marshfield MO, CenturyTel tapped out?

We just moved from Northern Indiana to Marshfield. Everyone on our road has Centurylink, when i called to have our service transferred every thing checked out. The day our service was supposed to be switched to our new Marshfield Missouri address Centlink called and said they could not give us service, the area was full, and they could not give a date of when we would be able to have internet.
First, i find it horrible customer service to make us think everything is fine and dandy, then call a week later and so, oh well we were wrong.
2nd, the people on the phone had no idea when we would be able to get service, and didnt seem to care to try and find out.
So frustrating to be the ONLY people on the street w/o internet.
Anyone else have this issue? Or know any numbers to call where we can actually get answers?

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

Send a detailed message to: talktous@centurylink.com

In the meantime, check into other options. Look for a WISP, check into Verizon Home Fusion, or talk to your neighbors about sharing their connection. You could setup a wireless link between houses, or run a cable (depending on the distance).

If price is not an issue, you could also order you own T1 circuit for internet access.

If you're really desperate, you could get satellite service.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

1 edit

said by billaustin:

talk to your neighbors about sharing their connection. You could setup a wireless link between houses, or run a cable (depending on the distance).

Bill, I would not advise saying that in public since it is considered theft of service.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

said by Irish Shark:

said by billaustin:

talk to your neighbors about sharing their connection. You could setup a wireless link between houses, or run a cable (depending on the distance).

Bill, I would not advise saying that in public since it is considered theft of service.

It all depends on the connection, carrier, and TOS.

Talking to your neighbors about the possibility of sharing their connection (in an area where service is not available), is not the same as deliberately sharing a connection so that others do not have to pay for one of their own.