All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
spiderman168
join:2012-06-02

spiderman168

[DSL] is 15M/1M DSL a typo?

I know Teksavvy resells Bell DSL and I noticed they have a 15M/10M service? However on the Teksavvy sight they have only a 15M/1M service, is this a type or is Bell only offering a 1M upstream service to Teksavvy perhaps?

Thanks

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

TSI is only offering 15/1 and 25/10.

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle to spiderman168

to spiderman168
The price difference for Teksavvy (and therefore you, the customer) between 15/10 and 25/10 is negligible.
spiderman168

spiderman168

True except the 25/10 has a mandatory rental of a new Sagemcom modem whereas the 15/1 still uses my speedtouch that I bought a while ago. The modem rental is $8 a month which I assume is part of the monthly $52/month? If so then it indeed is the better choice. I'll put my speedtouch up for sale on craigslist then.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by spiderman168:

True except the 25/10 has a mandatory rental of a new Sagemcom modem whereas the 15/1 still uses my speedtouch that I bought a while ago. The modem rental is $8 a month which I assume is part of the monthly $52/month? If so then it indeed is the better choice. I'll put my speedtouch up for sale on craigslist then.

The $8 rental is on top of the price. So you have to add it on. It is a rather misleading thing, because it is required and there's no ifs or buts, you have to rent it.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

True. Its just that renting your own equipment is just a sick concept.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

The $8 rental is on top of the price, so you have to add it on.

It is a rather misleading thing, because it is required and there's no ifs or buts, you have to rent it.

....like a 'Network Access' fee on a phone account.

Crowbar10
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to spiderman168

to spiderman168
said by spiderman168:

I know Teksavvy resells Bell DSL

TSI does NOT resell HBELL internet . They use HBELLS last mile to reach your home , otherwise they have their own equipment ....

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by Crowbar10:

TSI does NOT resell HBELL internet . They use HBELLS last mile to reach your home , otherwise they have their own equipment ....

So you're saying that Teksavvy is no longer TPIA and that now they are an incumbent with their own proprietary transmission lines and equipment?

This is truly great news indeed. No longer a middleman and finally stepping up to the plate.

Crowbar10
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10

said by elitefx:

So you're saying that Teksavvy is no longer TPIA and that now they are an incumbent with their own proprietary phone lines

I never stated that .... you did It seems you only reply to posts to stir things up and cause issues Why are you here if you're not happy ? ... perhaps to save $$ ? If your not pleased with TSI , just obtain another ISP

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to Crowbar10

to Crowbar10
said by Crowbar10:

TSI does NOT resell HBELL internet.

Crowbar10
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10

said by elitefx:

said by Crowbar10:

SO ? They don't resell HBELL internet , that is a fact
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by Crowbar10:

Which is true they do Not resell bell Internet, They use bells last mile to bring the traffic to them where they Do have there Own Transmission lines and equipment It would be great if they could dig up every street to get the same access bell has but do u really want your street dug up for teksavvy , start, ebox,Acanac, God Knows who elsE? how many times would my frigging street be dug up? u see the problem?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by morisato:

said by elitefx:

said by Crowbar10:

Which is true they do Not resell bell Internet, They use bells last mile to bring the traffic to them where they Do have there Own Transmission lines and equipment It would be great if they could dig up every street to get the same access bell has but do u really want your street dug up for teksavvy , start, ebox,Acanac, God Knows who elsE? how many times would my frigging street be dug up? u see the problem?

Dig ONCE and build CONDUITS and access buildings and share them all between TPIA's. Not cheap but if they work together... who knows.
spiderman168

spiderman168

Not that this was related to me original question But that's ok I like the conversation. I believe it's only Google in Kansas City that hopes to lay their own last mile. All other resellers need the last mile by the incumbents with the infrastructure.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by Crowbar10:

So you're saying that Teksavvy is no longer TPIA and that now they are an incumbent with their own proprietary transmission lines and equipment?

This is truly great news indeed. No longer a middleman and finally stepping up to the plate.

Even if it was affordable to set up a 3rd last-mile network, municipal governments wouldn't allow it. Teksavvy operates their own equipment between the incumbent last-mile and the tier 1 providers. It is not practically or legally possible to go any further with a physically cabled network at the moment, other than fibre investments too expensive for just about anyone but Rogers, Bell and Teuls (and Google, I suppose).