uniqs
share rss forum feed

sticks435

join:2004-05-25
Kansas City, MO

1 edit
reply to coolcat120

Re: Youtube slow buffer.

Yea, I'm currently getting a wonderful .9mbps on my 50/5 connection. It's taken at least 20 minutes to buffer a 10 minute 1080P video and it's only buffered 2:45 worth of it so far. So freaking pissed when I know it's been much much faster. I've seen it max out my connection before.

Edit: Well I had put that blocking rule in place before I posted this hoping that would help and I also run adblock so thought maybe that would do it. Turns out adding the firewall rule actually hurt it instead. I did some quick tests with different settings and for some reason now it works fine with the rule off and adblock on. Below are my tests just for reference.

rule off, adblock off, FF - 20mbps

Rule on, adblock on, FF - .5

rule on, adblock off, FF - .5

rule off, adblock on, FF - 20mbps

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by sticks435:

Yea, I'm currently getting a wonderful .9mbps on my 50/5 connection. It's taken at least 20 minutes to buffer a 10 minute 1080P video and it's only buffered 2:45 worth of it so far. So freaking pissed when I know it's been much much faster. I've seen it max out my connection before.

Edit: Well I had put that blocking rule in place before I posted this hoping that would help and I also run adblock so thought maybe that would do it. Turns out adding the firewall rule actually hurt it instead. I did some quick tests with different settings and for some reason now it works fine with the rule off and adblock on. Below are my tests just for reference.

rule off, adblock off, FF - 20mbps

Rule on, adblock on, FF - .5

rule on, adblock off, FF - .5

rule off, adblock on, FF - 20mbps

What rule is that?
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

jpatton1979

join:2011-08-10
Lexington, KY

Block traffic from 206.111.0.0/16.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4

said by jpatton1979:

Block traffic from 206.111.0.0/16.