Search similar:

uniqs

echo7
Echo7
join:2000-10-20
Bayonne, NJ

echo7

[OOL] can i use my own modem

Quick question can I use my own surfboard modem its docs is if yes do u ibregister it or?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Yes, but I dont see why you would want to.

echo7
Echo7
Bayonne, NJ

echo7

I have arris brand every time I look there's something about battery missing and telemetry maybe if I take it to cable vision they will give me a newer one
echo7

echo7

It also gives me event I'd with date of 1970. It L's either someone exploiting it or its really shot
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to echo7

to echo7
Power Supply Telemetry Log - BATTERY MISSING

Battery missing message when it boots is because you haven't purchased a battery for the modem. Ignore it or purchase a battery. When it boots up, it does not have the correct time. In the boot-up process, the modem gets the TimeOfDay info over the network, so log entries before that have the time of 1/1/1970 at 0:00. Don't downgrade (assumption, probably not incorrect) your modem because of a log entry when there is nothing wrong.

echo7
Echo7
Bayonne, NJ

echo7

I looked at arris modems they are garbage comparing to motorola or cisco
Brands
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Frankly, that information is garbage.

What model of Motorola modem & Arris modem do you have?

echo7
Echo7
Bayonne, NJ

echo7

Harris t802 and I do believe I have 8162 in basement one of newer ones never bothered till lately I've been having a lot of problems with connections n stuff I just wanted to know if its possible to use your own because back when oil first came out you were forced to use their equipment as far as docs is goes
root
join:2002-12-11

root

said by echo7:

Harris t802 and I do believe I have 8162 in basement one of newer ones never bothered till lately I've been having a lot of problems with connections n stuff I just wanted to know if its possible to use your own because back when oil first came out you were forced to use their equipment as far as docs is goes

What? Is this a troll? Unless an actual modem is defective, there really is no point to buy your own when one is provided for you.

To answer your question....sure buy your own docsis modem and CV will provision it.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to echo7

to echo7
When OOL first came out they required you to purchase your own modem. I bought mine at The Wiz.

Motorola modems are in the 6000 range. All the voice-enabled modems I can find for purchase are only capable of 4 downstream channel bonding (I may not be seeing some models though, it was a quick search & additional check on motorola's site). That is why I said probably a downgrade.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

1 recommendation

MxxCon to echo7

to echo7
said by echo7:

Brands

I'm curious how you came to that educated conclusion.

If you don't even know how to correctly spell "docsis", I doubt you have any technical knowledge to judge quality of those modems other than which color of the box you like more.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to echo7

to echo7
said by echo7:

I have arris brand every time I look there's something about battery missing and telemetry maybe if I take it to cable vision they will give me a newer one
It also gives me event I'd with date of 1970. It L's either someone exploiting it or its really shot

Both are perfectly normal. There is nothing wrong with your modem. Your modem does not have a battery installed. You may purchase a back-up battery if you want the warnings to go away.
said by echo7:

Brands

You are plain-old wrong.
Bob4

1 recommendation

Bob4 to echo7

to echo7
said by echo7:

back when oil first came out you were forced to use their equipment

Perhaps, but oil heat was much better than coal.

What does that have to do with Cablevision?

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to echo7

Premium Member

to echo7
said by echo7:

Brands

You "looked" at them? What did you look at exactly to come to your conclusion?