share rss forum feed

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

2 edits
reply to Maven

Re: Need help building a desktop gaming computer

You don't need Intel CPU, AMD will do just fine. Here is my breakdown of what I got of Newegg that would be just fine for you:
AMD FX-6300(6 core) CPU- $139.99
AsRock 880GM-LE Motherboard- $59.99
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB(2x4gb) - $$34.99
EVGA GTX650- $109.9(with a $10 rebate)
Seagate Barracuda 500gb Hard Drive- $59.99
Gigabyte GZ-F5HEB Case- $22.99
Cooler Master ExTreme 500w PSU- $39.99(AND $10 rebate)
Artic Freezer A30- $29.99
Asus DVD Burner- $19.99

Total: $517 before taxes and shipping, and before $20 rebate. It is under your $600 budget. It would be perfect for gaming, and all of this is on newegg.com.

EDIT: Replaced the 550ti with a GTX650
--
No Victim=No Crime

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

1 recommendation

a 60 dollar motherboard? Surely you jest. AMD? Surely you jest? Coolermaster crap power supply? Surely you jest. Outdated video card? Just much? Crap case? Oh, why do I bother, who is posting this anyways...

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
said by signmeuptoo:

a 60 dollar motherboard? Surely you jest. AMD? Surely you jest? Coolermaster crap power supply? Surely you jest. Outdated video card? Just much? Crap case? Oh, why do I bother, who is posting this anyways...

#1, this is a BUDGET gaming build with a $500-$600 price range. AMD is perfectly fine, I have one myself. Now, he doesnt need a $150 motherboard to play his games. He can upgrade it if he wants, and it has good reviews. Coolermaster supply has good reviews, will power everything and is a good price. Outdated video card, just fixed it with a GTX650 for $10 more. Crap case, doesnt really matter. The case will fit everything, and again, he can upgrade if he wants.
If this was a higher price range, surely I would have different parts.
--
No Victim=No Crime

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by billydunwood:

#1, this is a BUDGET gaming build with a $500-$600 price range. AMD is perfectly fine, I have one myself.

Sounds like Post-purchase rationalization and choice supportive bias.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.