share rss forum feed

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
reply to echo7

Re: [OOL] can i use my own modem

Frankly, that information is garbage.

What model of Motorola modem & Arris modem do you have?

echo7
Echo7

join:2000-10-20
Bayonne, NJ
Harris t802 and I do believe I have 8162 in basement one of newer ones never bothered till lately I've been having a lot of problems with connections n stuff I just wanted to know if its possible to use your own because back when oil first came out you were forced to use their equipment as far as docs is goes

root

join:2002-12-11
said by echo7:

Harris t802 and I do believe I have 8162 in basement one of newer ones never bothered till lately I've been having a lot of problems with connections n stuff I just wanted to know if its possible to use your own because back when oil first came out you were forced to use their equipment as far as docs is goes

What? Is this a troll? Unless an actual modem is defective, there really is no point to buy your own when one is provided for you.

To answer your question....sure buy your own docsis modem and CV will provision it.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to echo7
When OOL first came out they required you to purchase your own modem. I bought mine at The Wiz.

Motorola modems are in the 6000 range. All the voice-enabled modems I can find for purchase are only capable of 4 downstream channel bonding (I may not be seeing some models though, it was a quick search & additional check on motorola's site). That is why I said probably a downgrade.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to echo7
said by echo7:

back when oil first came out you were forced to use their equipment

Perhaps, but oil heat was much better than coal.

What does that have to do with Cablevision?