uniqs
share rss forum feed

WYCF

join:2005-11-18
Richmond, BC
reply to jtl999

Re: [BC] Bad TV image

said by jtl999:

Do you have any OptikTv+Internet plans more then 15mbps in your area?

Yes. So you think this is a speed issue?

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4

Try contacting TELUS after rebooting PVR and modem. Doubt it.

nss_tech

join:2007-07-29
Edmonton AB
reply to WYCF

The boxes don't always start in HD mode. Rebooting modem / box won't typically sort this out. When you watch the HD channels, is the blue HD light coming on? Did the installer change the settings on the box to 720p/1080i? I have mine on 1080i and it works fine.

WYCF

Richmond, BC

said by nss_tech:

The boxes don't always start in HD mode. Rebooting modem / box won't typically sort this out. When you watch the HD channels, is the blue HD light coming on? Did the installer change the settings on the box to 720p/1080i? I have mine on 1080i and it works fine.

Blue light is on.
The STB sets to 720P. (Change to 1080i make no different.)

nss_tech

Edmonton AB

What kind of cable is connecting it to the TV? Coax, Composite, Component or HDMI?

WYCF

Richmond, BC

said by nss_tech:

What kind of cable is connecting it to the TV? Coax, Composite, Component or HDMI?

HDMI

nss_tech

Edmonton AB

I know it's likely not the cable but these boxes have a history with HDMI issues. Do you have a spare cable to test with?

WYCF

Richmond, BC

said by nss_tech:

I know it's likely not the cable but these boxes have a history with HDMI issues. Do you have a spare cable to test with?

Here is my setup:

1. SONY TV --HDMI Cable -- STB PVR --Cat5E--Actiontec
1. LG TV --HDMI Cable -- STB Player--Cat5E--Actiontec

All HDMI cables are v1.4. Change HDMI cable has no effect.

nss_tech

Edmonton AB

That's a good setup. If both boxes have same issue, call in and have them check the connection / line / errors. Personally I'd recommend leaving the boxes set to 1080i as it's worked fine for me with no issues so far.