Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to delchuckles

Re: Help With Logo Colors...

How about a humorous base stealer theme...

Cleaned it up a bit.

Not exactly setting a good example but it is part of the game.
--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing

delchuckles

join:2007-04-05
Somerset, NJ

Funny Dolphins, like a thief in the night! Whatever you wanna do my man, have fun!

Cap or Batting Helmet with block "F"; how about just on a turf background like this one.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

It would help if I knew what you needed this for and you didn't mention dimensions or orientation? You have to be more specific so my efforts are not wasted on multiple uploads.

--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

Really nice Dolphins! Was thinking of running it down the sides of the »www.ftllbaseball site. Might be to busy? Your thoughts? Maybe just leave the grass that's already there?

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

How about a baseline down the sides?

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to delchuckles

Here's another idea...

"Franklin" on one side and 'Township" on the other. It took a while to get the text to resemble a leather baseball so only one for now. I need a break from Photoshop for few hours.
--

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to delchuckles

I couldn't stay away from PS, I'm addicted.

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

Hysterical Dolphins! Your addicted!
OK, uploaded the baseline, not really diggin' it though, what about you? Think the solid turf looked better.
»www.ftllbaseball.com

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

That's because most of the graphic is not visible. The whole graphic needs to show on each side for the proper perspective.

We just need to re-size. OK, the main graphic is 250 px in height so judging by that I can assume that the width of the exposed sides (background tile size) is between 125 px and 150 px? I think the textures will still show nicely at that width? I've never built a website so I'm unaware of the dimensions.

Are you able to use the graphic in a picture frame perspective so it wraps around the 'sitemap' or are you only able to use 'tiled' or 'stretched' like desktop backgrounds?

OK, try both of these and see how it works out.

--

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
reply to delchuckles

While I'm thinking about it, have you gotten any feedback on the 'Extra Bases' logo?

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

2 edits

No go, not a bank robber, although it was funny!
OK, I used one of them, and it seems to be ok, but again, I'm on a laptop. The only options it gives me is to repeat horizontal and to repeat vertical. I'll check later on my desktop, which has a much larger screen. Thank you Dolphins!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Looks like the 125 px width (the smallest one) will work out evenly on both sides?

As for the Extra Bases logo, he is actually an old-time baseball character. I just altered him a bit to look like a base stealer. Here's the original,

OK I'll see what I can come up with but it would be nice if the head coach from the baseball camp could log-on here and give me some direct feedback. Also before I go any further is the baseball camp volunteers or a privately owned business?
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

Volunteers from our Baseball League. The guy is a hardnose ballplayer, yet hasn't a clue how to work a computer. When it comes to technology, let's just say he's challenged, to say the least. He is great with the kids though, he really gets their attention.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

OK, my latest creation...

Having a lil' fun...

I'm quite proud of this one. It looks professional, don't you think? This will also transfer nicely onto a baseball jersey or T-shirt.
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

WOW, very eye catching Dolphins!!! Really sharp, I like! Hopefully, this guy shows up to our meeting tomorrow night. Thank you!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

Thanks, I really like the new one but wasn't sure if he wanted your team colors or not?

I see you couldn't get the baseline graphic to work out on the webpage. I think I have the solution which I will post later.

Ok this should work out so that each baseline is equally visible on either side of the webpage. Just set it as backgound.

--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

I still can't get it to lineup correctly, damn. I wish I knew the exact specs needed to have it equally centered. I'll try and ask the webhost, and see if they can help. Thanks for doing that Dolphins!

Still loving your Xtra Bases logos! I'm waiting to hear feedback from the guy who runs it.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ

If I know the exact dimensions of the 'background' and the 'site map' It should be easy to make it work perfectly.
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

Hi Dolphins, this is what TeamPages emailed me:

"The user space is 1000px. As far as setting up your background to display on any screen we suggest making it 250px on each side of the user space (1500px total) but to also fade into a solid colour so that no matter what size the screen is, (even a wide screen television) it will still look good."

Not to sure if that helps, but, we'll see. Much appreciated Dolphins!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

OK this should work out evenly on both sides.

I hope they don't mean that the outer edges be faded to a solid color? Because that would be a totally different look and quite frankly a look I wouldn't particularly like.

Oh, I found this online application »www.websitedimensions.com/sitegrid/index.php that shows you what your site looks like on different devices. Thought you might like to see it from another perspective.
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

LOL, still does not lineup.

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

said by delchuckles:

Do not use the size you say they told you.
Do this. bg size="100%"
--
Just another day in Paradise

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to delchuckles

said by delchuckles:

Yes, follow badd See Profile's advice. It has to be something you're doing wrong? That is the exact dimensions they recommend. The gradient color in the middle is 1000px wide and the 2 graphics at either side are 250px wide so it absolutely has to work. I don't have experience with website building but it seems obvious that your not setting it as one solid background.

Did I just tell you to follow badd advice?
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

No matter how I set it, it still does not lineup correctly! LOL
It gives me options to repeat horizontal, repeat vertical. If I check it, still no good. If I uncheck it, no good. Center it left, middle or right, top center or bottom, still does not lineup correctly. Unbelievable.

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ
reply to delchuckles

Hi Dolphins, well, the feedback I received from Extra Bases logo was that he wants it to remain close as possible to the original design (which to me was horid). He did not like the "E B". So, you have a clean slate again. He gave me no color feedback either.
sorry, but hopefully it's something for you to work with. He did mention he needed the cross bats incorporated into the name, somehow.

I hope to see this guy again this afternoon, and maybe he can give me more than 10 seconds of his time (we were really busy last night with a league meeting).

Appreciate all you efforts Dolphins.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Sorry, but if this person cannot contact me here in person then I can no longer help him.

He would also need to give feedback at least on a daily basis so I'm not doing unnecessary work.

I'd only be willing to help further if the above conditions are met.

I'm sure you can understand.
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

1 recommendation

OK Dolphins, I'll ask him this afternoon, hopefully I see him. He's not computer literate, so it could be interesting. Can you tell by his clip art work? When I asked him to send me his logo in a .jpg, he said to me - what the hell is that? LOL

Anyway, I thank you again so much for all the work you did on the awesome FTBL logo, just outstanding! In all it's glory for all to see!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

You and all the other volunteers are very welcome. It looks great with just the artificial turf background, not overly complicated. After all we don't want to draw too much attention away from that beautiful logo. I hope all the kids and parents like it?
--

delchuckles

Somerset, NJ

1 edit

Many compliments Dolphins on the logo!
I see my EB friend never came on, what a shocker.
Would you mind putting a softball into this one instead of the baseball please?

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Yellow or white?