Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
kudos:1

[DIRECTV] A look at New HR44

Also New remote - Now you can throw out your HR34 -just kidding.

»www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/dire···ands-on/

DJ
Premium
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology
Definitely will be worth the wait now, I haven't upgraded to the the 34 partly because of its ridiculously large cabinet. The 44 is much, much better looking! Sleek, and appears close in size to the H24. And a faster processor than the 34, DirecTV is finally catching on that a snappy GUI makes for a better customer experience and higher satisfaction ratings.

Not sure about the new remote, though!

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
Free for new and up to $300 for existing, what a crock!!! I will keep my 2 HR22's as I am not paying that much up front though I would like to only have 1 DVR, oh well.

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA
reply to westdc
If it fixes the annoying issues with the H34, I'll pony up the $300.

- Slow guide performance
- 30 second skip often skips to end of show
- Remote layout inferior to Comcast (too many buttons that are indistinguishable in the dark). How about a backlight?

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
said by lorennerol:

- Slow guide performance
- Remote layout inferior to Comcast (too many buttons that are indistinguishable in the dark). How about a backlight?

I don't have a HR34, however, my HR24's will do the skip thing if for some reason I've put it in FF and then try to skip. Think I'm just not hitting the buttons fast enough.

Thanks for the tip on this. I could see replacing my HR24's with this guy. Glad to see they preserved the eSATA port (I've got a 2TB RAID1 setup on my primary HR24). Not digging the remote. It's too small. But that's no biggie. I've got Harmony's to deal with that.

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA
said by ke4pym:

said by lorennerol:

- Slow guide performance

I don't have a HR34, however, my HR24's will do the skip thing if for some reason I've put it in FF and then try to skip. Think I'm just not hitting the buttons fast enough.

Thanks for the tip on this. I could see replacing my HR24's with this guy. Glad to see they preserved the eSATA port (I've got a 2TB RAID1 setup on my primary HR24). Not digging the remote. It's too small. But that's no biggie. I've got Harmony's to deal with that.

For a while I thought I was just pressing the wrong button, but after the last month of being very careful, I'm definitely not. And it happens on all three of the satellite boxes and the main box. So it's not just one box or one remote. It's really, really annoying.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to lorennerol
quote:
Slow guide performance
I agree. The EPG and other menus are slow to respond, when I had the SD GUI it was lightining fast. The HD GUI on my HR24 is lightning fast. Not so on the HR34

quote:
30 second skip often skips to end of show
Never had issue.

quote:
Remote layout inferior to Comcast (too many buttons that are indistinguishable in the dark). How about a backlight?
You mean like this one? »www.amazon.com/One-For-All-RC64R···01D59X2M
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
or this new and a better price

»www.ebay.com/itm/DirecTV-RC65RBK···b6cd35fa